Alyssa&Harry

“How’s Paris?” I ask, holding smiling at the boy on skype.

“It’s great” he responds with a smile “The fans are all so lovely.”

“And loud” a voice off screen adds. I smile as Louis’s face pops onto the screen blocking out Harry’s. “Hello Alyssa” he says with a wave.

“Hi Louis” I say with a laugh as Harry shoves him aside.

“Stop interrupting our conversation. Go call Eleanor” he orders and I hear Louis sigh.

“Fine…” he says dramatically “But you always hog Alyssa” he says jokingly and then the sound of a door closing lets me know it’s just the two of us again.

“So what time is it at tonight?” he asks.

“10” I respond. “But Dakota is coming over soon to get ready and then we’re going to dinner before” He nods, looking down sadly.

“I really wish I could be there,” he says. I nod my head in agreement. Not just because of tonight, but because I missed him a lot. Skype was great but it wasn’t the same as being able to hold someone in your arms.

“It’s fine,” I say. “It’s not like I can really expect you to skip out on your tour for me” I say with a forced laugh. “How could I deny your fans those curly locks” I add teasingly. I smile appears on his face which cheers me up. I knew how hard it was for Harry. He felt like he should be there for me but at the same time he didn’t want to disappoint his fans.

“Besides, there’s a bunch of us going alone together” I say with a shrug.

“You tell Dakota to make sure all those other boys stay away” He says with a grin. I shake my head, a smile on my face. I didn’t really have to worry about that. There weren’t many guys at my school I talked to anyways. I was pretty quiet and the boys at my school all went after the outgoing cheerleader type. The fact that I’d caught Harry’s attention still shocked me. Especially when there’d been all those other cheerleader types at that cd signing.

“Harry, Paul says we have to go, concert is starting soon” Louis calls from the hallway. Harry glances at the door before looking at me,.

“Go” I say with a shooing motion. He nods.

“Love you” he says.

“Love you to” I say before the screen goes black. I sigh staring at the blank screen a few more seconds before walking to my closet and pulling my dress out.

“I’m here” a voice rings from downstairs and I smile as I hear the footsteps race up the stairs and see Dakota burst into the room carrying a bag of makeup and her own dress.

“We are going to look so hot” she says with a grin. “We’ll have all the boys falling at our feet” I chuckle glancing at the computer again. Dakota follows my gaze and instantly knows what I’m thinking.

“Lover boy will be drooling over the pictures” she promises and with that we start getting ready. At around 8, we are all set to go. We head downstairs and my parents take what feels like a million pictures of the two of us. Some serious poses and some stupid ones like a Charlie’s Angels pose. Finally, we are finished with those and we head to the restaurant that we were meeting the rest of our group at. At the restaurant, I’m only able to half pay attention to the conversation around me. I keep fiddling with my phone,  checking to see if I had any messages from Harry. He had texted me while we had been getting ready, letting me know the concert had ended and they were headed back to the hotel. Dakota notices what I’m doing and puts a hand on my arm to get my attention.

“He’s probably asleep” she says. “They’re like 5 hours ahead or something aren’t they?”I nod

“6”I correct. “But you’re right” I say sliding my phone back into my purse. I felt bad for being the downer so I plaster on a smile, focusing back on the conversation, determined to have a good time.

“We should go”someone says a while later, glancing at his watch. “It’s 9:45, if we leave now, we’ll just make it”We quickly pay the bill and head out. We divide up among the cars and drive to the school. It was kind of lame to have prom there but our school was cheap and didn’t decide to give prom committee enough money to pay for a band and a ballroom so in the end they chose to get a band. I had tried to see if Harry would be able to play it but apparently management didn’t think it was high profile enough, and besides, they were on tour in Europe. We walk in and despite the low budget, the place looked fabulous. There were so many streamers and lights. The prom committee really had done a good job making the gym look nice.

“C’mon” Dakota says with a laugh dragging me onto the floor. I grin as we proceed to dance around like idiots. Looking around, we probably looked ridiculous. The people around us were grinding while the two of us were doing the sprinkler or pat the dog, screw in the lightbulb. It was fine with me, this was more fun anyways. The two of continue to dance this way, either sitting out the slow songs or just jokingly dancing together. At around 11:30, a slow song comes on and we decide to go get some punch instead of dancing that one. I pour myself a cup and turn to watch all the couples dancing a feeling of loneliness sweeping through me.

“May I have this dance?” a voice behind me asks. I turn around.

“Sorry I have a –“ I start saying before recognizing the curly hair.

“Harry” I shriek throwing my arms around my curly haired boyfriend.

“What—When-- How--?” I ask, not able to fully form the questions racing through my mind. He laughs not letting me go.

“Direct flight right after the concert. Being 6 hours ahead means I got here two hours after I left,. Came right here”he says pulling back and I realize that he’s wearing his slightly rumpled encore performance suit.

“But why?” I ask as he pulls me back into his arms again.

“Don’t you remember?” he asks quietly, his lips whispering into my ear.

“On the other side of the world, it don’t matter. I’ll be there in two”