Forked in the Carotid (47)

*Dahlia's POV*

The dance floor was open to all after Aqua and her father finished dancing, and a steady flow of guests continued in. Aqua kept dancing with several different young men her age, and it was then that I remembered that Aqua was seen as an unmated princess with quick access to the throne. Little did they know that Aqua was very much a taken woman.

Soon after Aqua made her way back to her throne, Santino brought me over to the dance floor and just kept dancing with me because he knew how much I loved to dance. So we just danced and danced until some reporter interrupted us by saying, "Excuse me Your Highness's, may I ask you some questions." Santino nodded, and the reporter pulled out a small notepad. I mentally rolled my eyes.

"Your Highness, it was recently found out that you are the owner of the Vetiti book. Could you please indulge in what information is locked within it?" Her big brown eyes were pleading me to answer, which made me want to keep my mouth shut.

"There are reasons why the book curses all who touch it except me. It holds all answers, some dangerous and some not. For that reason, it is not in my best discretion to tell you anything except it holds a very special prophecy." I was almost positive that the reporter saw my eyes turn red and so the rest of the questions were directed at the nicer half of me known as Santino Michaelis. He was always just genial, unless it came to me being hurt. Then he was completely murderous.

I was able to make a swift getaway from the reporter and over to the throne. I bowed before the both of them and said, "Your Majesty, Your Highness, I am Archduchess Dahlia Michaelis. I came to give my best wishes towards Her Highness on her birthday." My eyes bounced from His Majesty over to Aqua.

"You have my sincere gratitude, thank you." She turned to her father and whispered something in his ear.

"If I remember correctly, you attend Black Stone Academy. Is that correct?" I replied yes, and he continued, "Would you please share your experience thus far? I am truly curious."

I smiled at Aqua before saying, "I would not trade the experiences that the Academy has given me for all the powers in the universe. The opportunities I have been given, and the people that I have met truly changed my life."

"May I ask what opportunities you have been given, Archduchess?" I looked at Aqua who was probably shitting a brick at the thought of me telling her father about our bond.

"Only if I get to speak with Her Highness. I wish to become acquainted with her." He nodded his head, and Aqua walked over to me. My eyes met His Majesty's once more, and I conjured the Vetiti book before I quickly made it disappear.

I then turned towards Aqua, and we walked over to the orchestra so no one could hear us speak. Even then she exercised caution with her words when she said, "Why might you be here, Your Grace?"

"To celebrate your birthday, which let me tell you we had a whole ordeal getting in here, but that's a story for later. Oh and Tyrus is not happy about you not telling him, but when you talk to him, don't mention-," our attention was quickly drawn to the newly arrived guest.

"Lord Kalen Lagunov." I immediately looked at Silas, Tyrus, and Santino who were looking at me. We were all confused. We thought that Kal's father ordered him to stay at school.

Kalen made his way down the stairs where his father met him, and it looked like he tried yelling at him, but Kalen just waved him off. He then started making his way towards Aqua and me.

"That's not Kal." She whispered, and if I weren't a vampire, I would not have heard it. "Just follow my lead and trust me."

Kalen bowed before Aqua and asked her for a dance. She blushed before taking his hand, and the two of them walked to the dance floor. I made eye contact with Silas who quickly grabbed Tyrus and made their way to the dance floor. I then ran over to the food bar and grabbed a fork before I met up with Santino and made our way to the dance floor.