Birthday Ball (46)

**Dahlia's POV**

"Tyrus, do you have Aqua's gift?" I asked, and he nodded. I turned to Silas and Santino. "And how about you two?" They nodded their heads. We were all able to find her a present and proper attire for the ball.

Tyrus was wearing a deep forest green suit was a black tie. The suit paired well with his pastel green hair, which was not a topic he wanted to talk about. Silas's suit was plain black with a tie that matched Tyrus's suit. And my favorite twin Santino went with one of his many black tuxes, as I went with one of my many black lace evening gowns.

Our masks each matched us perfectly. Tyrus's was a shiny silver mask in the outlines of fairy wings. Silas's was very geometric as was Santino's. I don't even know if my mask could be considered a mask as it was just a piece of black lace covering my eyes, but it fit with my style and dress so it worked for me.

"Everyone have everything?" I asked, and the three of them nodded their heads. "Then let's go!" Santino opened up the portal to the Mermaid Kingdom, and I went over to walk through it, but my head started rushing, and my vision blurred over.

I was in a room that could only be explained as a completely barren white room, but in front of me stood a beautiful lady with baby blue hair. Her resemblance to Aqua was uncanny. If I didn't know better, I would think that Aqua was a twin.

"Dahlia, I don't have much time to speak to you, but all you need to know is that I am Aqua's mother, and she is in danger. Dahlia, you are her shield, and you are the only one who can truly protect her. Trust me when I say that is an extremely important job. If my daughter dies, all of the supernatural worlds will be doused in darkness. You are the only one who can keep her alive, and you must always choose her life above others. I will take care of the rest if you take care of Aqua. Please keep my daughter safe."

Within the blink of an eye, I was back in my room devoid of vision. I grabbed Santino and drank until I could see, and then ran around my room grabbing every weapon and strapping it to me.

"Dahlia, what's wrong? What did you see?" Santino asked.

"Just that something is going to happen tonight, and I need to be prepared to protect Aqua. Someone really wants her dead." I reached across Santino to grab a small knife that I kept on my dresser. Santino grabbed my arm and started inspecting it.

"Dahlia, what the fuck is wrong with your veins?" I was confused until I saw the veins on my arm glowing a bright white. That's not something that vampire veins do. I've seen black. I've seen red, but no white.

"I don't feel like I'm dying, so I'm not going to question it. I will say that this doesn't make me feel any better about what is going to go down tonight." I grabbed the knife and strapped it to my leg.

Santino snapped and his ring that I got him appeared. He slid it on his thumb, and I turned to Tyrus. He took his mask off and turned it into a sword before turning it back into a mask. My eyes turned to Silas who smiled and stretched to show a concealed knife. Fucking Silas and Tyrus were already prepared.

We went through the portal soon after and appeared in the room in front of the court room. Security surrounded us and said, "Hand us the gifts, and each of you will be inspected for weapons." My heart rate increased, and I looked at Silas. Santino and Tyrus were fine because their weapons were undercover. Silas's and I's were not.

I looked at Silas and made my eyes turn red and back to golden as a sign to tell him to follow my lead. I pushed Santino and Tyrus to get pat down first and when they were all clear Silas and I went. I took a deep breath and tapped into Aqua's powers and my own. I needed to silent cast a spell to make it so that Silas and I's weapons would be on Santino and Tyrus. My powers were not advanced enough to do so on my own.