Chapter Five

Shane helped me find a spot for the two tents that i brought

Shane helped me find a spot for the two tents that i brought. I put mine first as i waited for Crystal to come and put hers but as i looked around in hopes of finding her, i see her talking to a blonde girl that was beside Andrea.

'' Really '' I mumble as i start to grab the tools to put her tent up.

'' Trouble in paradise? '' Rick jokes as he walks towards me with his kid. I smile at the kid and laugh at Rick's comment.

'' Something like that '' I nod '' I believe we haven't fully introduced ourselves. I'm Ashley Reyez, and you? '' I kneel in front of the boy who blushes hard and gives me his hand.

'' Carl '' He says.

'' It's very nice to meet you Carl '' He blushes even more as Rick ruffles his hair laughing.

'' I was coming here to thank you for what you did back there, if it wasn't for you i wouldn't be here with my family so thank you '' He says, a sincere look on his pale face.

'' I got your back man '' I pat his shoulder '' If it wasn't for you, i wouldn't have found my mom too. ''

'' I guess destiny exists after all '' He says, chuckling at the end.

'' I guess so '' I say, smiling at the policeman.

'' You need any help? '' He offers

'' No, it's all good thank you. Go and spend time with your family '' He walks away and i go back to work.

The tent was now up and my back was hurting like crazy. I huff in annoyance as i ear Crystal laugh. I turn my back around and i walk towards the jeep.

I opened the truck once again and i take the bags out. Closing the door with a loud thud.

'' Damn, who hurt you, princess? '' I ear Shane behind me, i turn around grabbing the two bags from the ground as i look at him. He was holding two buckets of water.

'' List too long '' I joke. '' You need any help there? '' I ask as i put the two duffle bags on my shoulders.

'' This is too heavy '' He says.

'' I don't mind '' I offer but he declines, giving me a wink and walking ahead of me.

I walk once again to the tents throwing Crystal's bag inside her tent, walking into mine. Pulling the sleeping bag out and the pillow i had.

The sleeping bag was already calling for me but i refused to go to sleep right now. Getting out of the tent i walked towards Dale, the older man that owned an R.V .

'' Hey '' I walked up the stairs and i looked at the place around us.

'' Hello there, how are you settling in? '' He asks, dropping the rifle on his shoulder with the help of the strap.