Chapter Nineteen

I stayed back the rest of the day, or what seemed to be

I stayed back the rest of the day, or what seemed to be. The end of the day was approaching and we're currently in the middle of a graveyard that at any moment, could come back to life once again. I ate the two protein bars I had found and drank them with the rest of the water Shane had given me. I look at the group, Andrea was arguing with Dale. In no time, Shane reappeared in my camp of vision, his fingers on the loop of his jeans as he looked at the two people arguing. Andrea's head jerked in my direction.

'' You turning over your weapon? '' She asks, as she takes a few steps so she didn't have to yell. I take a deep breath deciding to go back to the group. Shane's gaze was already burning my entire body, one more second, and I would catch fire.

'' What's going on? '' I ask, approaching the three.

'' They want me to take my gun from me '' She says, disbelief in her voice.

'' Well, we shouldn't be firing guns. That I agree, we should look for some silent weapons '' I shield my eyes from the sun that's setting. '' But why taking the guns? ''

'' I'm not comfortable with her carrying a gun '' Dale says to me, explaining the reason.

I get it, Andrea tried to stay in the C.D.C to end her life and now he was scared she would kill herself or do something reckless.

'' Same applies to you '' Shane now spoke, making me turn my head towards him, I had to look up to face him.

'' Excuse me? '' I ask, offended. I wasn't suicidal, nor was I inexperienced in firing or holding a gun.

'' You heard me, the fewer people carrying guns the better '' He says.

'' Oh, so it's just gonna be you carrying the gun? '' I point at the group that was still scavenging through the cars. He huffed, turning his head to look in the opposite direction. '' You know what, suit yourself, it's not like I planned on going out with a bang anyways '' I walk away once again until I see Daryl and Rick back again from the search party.

Glenn was the second person noticing it, alerting the group.

'' You didn't find her? '' The mother asks, going straight to Rick and Daryl who wore sore faces. I leaned on the hood of the jeep I now owned and waited for what was going to happen next . The night was approaching, we couldn't stay here, and most importantly, we couldn't go back and look for Sophia. It was too dangerous .

'' Everybody take a weapon '' Rick says , louder . I sigh , leaving the jeep and walking towards the group . I pick a machete . Soon, fingers are wrapping around my wrist, I look up at the person. Shane .

'' That's way too big for you '' He says trying to release the death grip I had on the weapon. He already took my guns , no way he was taking the machete from me now because he was scared I would hurt myself .