Chapter Twenty-Four

Shane kept his distance

Shane kept his distance. Even refused to look at me when we were in the same space.
Some of us from the group were surrounding my Jeep as we took a look at the map of the farm and the town. Coming up with a plan to search for Sophia.

" Gonna follow up the creek, see what i can find "

" You can't go alone " I spoke, as i took a closer look at the map.

" Hell i cant " He grunted, and i smirked at the man.

" Then you're gonna follow till a point and come back here, no more staying in the woods " I punched his arm, as he scoffed at me and gave me a little smile.

Daryl and i understood each other on many levels. We didn't speak much, but the way we did things, made us both have a good relationship.

" Ashley is right. We cant go search for Sophia and come back days later, we need to be organized when looking for her " Rick now said.

"There are four places we need to look at " Daryl said.

" I can go around the neighborhoods, since im not really good on my feet yet, i can take Crystal and help her track and shoot while we're at it " I said, looking at my best friend that was now nervous.

" Take Shane with you. "

The air felt ticker now, as i felt him acknowledge my presence.

" T-Dog will stay here with Gleen and keep an eye on the people. I'll go and take a look in the highway again, maybe she went there " He shared a look with me, as he spoke the words.

" Then it's settled " He spoke, slapping the hood of my jeep.

" Now. Remember what we said, no matter what we find or don't find today, we come back. "

-

" I'll be okay mom. "

" You just got out of bed and you want to walk around already, you should be taking it slow "

" And i am. Otherwise, i would be going with Dixon over there and see what i could find in the woods "

" Ashley Luna Reyez " She reprehends me, me and Crystal chuckle. " And don't think you're also out of the hook miss Crystal Joanne Jonhson "

I stiffed a laugh as Crystal now stood tall.

" Take some food with you, Shane " She called the man as i saw him walk by. " There's some food and water in her backpack, i asked Hershel to give me the medicine for her to take. You and Crystal need to make sure she takes it, otherwise, she will refuse to take it and she will be in pain. I want the three of you in one piece, if you don't come in one piece i will break the rest of your bodies " She threatened us three.

" I'm already in half mamá , what are you going to do if i come back—" She didn't let me finish as she slapped my leg with a tablecloth that she had in her hands.