Chapter Two

Crystal lays on her stomach on Ashley's bed as she still sleeps

Crystal lays on her stomach on Ashley's bed as she still sleeps. It's past one in the afternoon, the smell of the outside was horrible but Ashley by now was used to, the growls and the chewing getting on her nerves, but unfortunately, there was nothing she could do about that matter, , unless she wanted to be their next meal.

Ashley was tired, mentally, of trying to get out of the city towards the hospital where hopefully her mother still was. She knew her mom and knew that if she didn't get to her, she would lose her forever. If that destiny didn't happen already. The food on the house had gone in the first three weeks. Crystal was afraid to plant a foot on the outside so Ashley went.

Having to kill dozens of those creatures as she ran to the next store to have something to eat for the next days. It wasn't easy finding food now as the rest of the people that survived day by day, though of the same thing and went there. But she took whatever she could find. She always carried her baseball bat and a hunting knife that her father gave her on her tenth birthday.

'' What are the plans for today? '' Crystal asks, fully dressed now and with her hair washed. Lucky for them, the building still had water, not hot water unfortunately but they had. Her blonde hair getting freezy as the hot weather outside brushed her golden locks.

'' I think it's time for us to go out there '' She says, looking straight at her best friend's green eyes. They quickly get ten times bigger.

''What? But, we cant. Have you taken a look at the streets? '' Crystal dramatized, maybe she didn't, But Ashley was frustrated over the situation they were living over two months now . She had to do something, she had to go look for her mother.

'' I'm the one going out there every week Crystal, yes i did. '' She answers, turning to look at the streets. '' If we stay in here another week we won't survive. There's nothing left on the stores, the corpses are getting more decayed and hungrier every time i go out there. I got us a car with enough gas to take us to the other side of the town. '' Ashley explains as she looks over the street.

'' You just want to get out there to find your mother, Ashely, she's gone by now. '' Crystal comments making Ashley's blood boil.

'' I don't care, she's my mom and im not staying here another minute, she may need my help out there. Staying here is suicide '' Ashley grunts, throwing daggers at her roommate.

'' Walking these streets is suicide, what about my father and my mom? My cousin? '' She asks, getting angry too.

'' They're in LA Crystal, we can go there but i ain't leaving this place until i get my mom ''

'' What if when you find her she's dead? '' Crystal asks with attitude.

'' She still will be needing my help. ''