Chapter Ten

I knew i had fallen asleep for a few minutes, when i woke up, the sun was still in the blue sky that now had an orange and pink color to it

I knew i had fallen asleep for a few minutes, when i woke up, the sun was still in the blue sky that now had an orange and pink color to it . I didn't notice i had cried, my face getting sticky from the dried tears. Once i put my shoes back on , i get out of the tent. Amy walking by my side as she too had gotten out of her tent.

'' Me and Andrea caught some fish for tonight '' She says cheerfully and i smile.

'' That's awesome '' I say, looking forward to dinner tonight. I looked around the camp, no sign of Rick yet. I was starting to get worried, last time the group went to the city they got stuck there for two days, as Amy had shared with me and Crystal when we were making our way back to the camp after our showers.

Me and Amy walked up to the group of ladies that were preparing dinner, i help mom open some fish.

'' Where's Crystal? '' I ask , as i look around.

'' Helping Dale on watch '' Carol says, giving me a warm smile.

'' Wow, that's a first '' I chuckle as i look at the blonde hair of Crystal on the rooftop of the R.V .

'' Yeah, just as you helping me out with the fish '' My mom says, surprised i was touching on the fish.

'' There's always a first time for everything '' I chuckle, trying to get my mind off of things.

It wasn't long before they started to cook the fish, i washed my hands and walked to the jeep, figuring i wouldn't be needed for a couple more minutes. Taking the two shotguns off the truck, i sit and start to clean them. Counting each bullet and load the guns, safety on. I put both guns on the dashboard and proceed to clean the Glock i always carried with me. I dismantled the gun and cleaned every piece. This gun hasn't been fired since i was probably fifteen years old. The other two shotguns , I had found when i was in a run once . Once i put the piece back on, i load it and put the safety on. I heard footsteps behind me, looking up i see Lori walking towards me. She had a scared look once she saw the arsenal i had in my lap.

'' The food is ready '' She says and i nod with a small smile towards her. '' Hey '' She clears her throat '' Is anything going on between you and Shane? '' She asks, which i found odd.

'' Nah '' I give her a short answer, closing the door of my jeep.

'' Okay , well. Can you put the guns elsewhere? I don't want those kind of things around my son '' She points at the guns uncomfortable.

'' Dont worry , I always lock the jeep '' I say , as I close the door and I lock it with the keys I had in my hand .

'' Still '' She presses , her tone of voice changing , such as her personality almost . It was like I had to do what she wanted me to do .

'' This is as far as the guns will be away from your kid '' I stump my foot, and i walk away from her towards the group that was already passing dinner around. I eat my fish and my vegetables in silence. I wasn't in the mood to talk, so i just sat back and listened to everyone talk. Amy was right beside Crystal and mom was beside me. Andrea in the middle of me and Crystal. They were all sharing stories and laughing until Amy got up.

'' Where are you going? '' Andrea asks, catching everyone's attention.

'' I have to pee, jezz a person is trying to be discreet here '' Amy answers, everyone chuckles at that. She walks away and enters the R.V , Crystal looks at me with her mouth agape.

'' So, all of this time i could have gone to the R.V and you didn't tell me? '' She asks, a fake shocked expression on her face, which makes everyone laugh.

I give her the ' sorry not sorry ' look as we keep talking. Everyone gets startled when we ear Amy screaming, my eyes shot up to the R.V , watching as a dead-one grab a chunk off of her arm. I jump and run to her, grabbing the knife i had on my front pocket and stabbing the dead-one, Andrea runs towards us, catching Amy as she falls to the ground .

Soon the camp is being overrun by walkers.

'' Get inside '' I shout, opening the door of the R.V , mom is the first to enter, soon after Lori Carol, and the kids, including the Morales family enter. I grab the gun from my jacket and i take the safety off. Shooting right in the middle of their heads.

'' Are you okay? '' Shane runs towards me, i nod, as i keep firing my gun.

'' I have two loaded shotguns on my jeep '' I say, as he runs out of bullets too.

'' It's too risky, you have your knife? '' He grabs my waist, so i could be back-to-back with him.

'' Yeah '' I say

'' Use it , we need to get the rest of the camp safe '' Shane shouts , using an axe to kill the dead ones .

'' Andrea '' I scream, kicking one of the dead in the head. She stabs the creature with a knife. Morales joins us with Jim as we keep fighting. There were just too many. '' I have to go get them '' I shout

'' No '' Shane turns around for a split second to look at me. I looked around me to see the chances i had. I decided to risk it. Sprinting towards the jeep i owned. Two walkers come my way and i struggle to fight them, i yank the door open and i take the safety off. Blowing every walker's head i saw. I pass the other gun at Shane who looks at me pissed. More gunshots are heard, Rick had arrived with the guns and no Merle in sight.