Markus x Reader: Overworked

Tired. Energy drinks everywhere. You stared at the screen as your ideas came by at a pain-staking rate. Your fingers tapped mindlessly against your study's bespoke desk. Checking the time, it was midnight, but you had just one more paragraph to write, you convinced yourself and got back to work. "I'm almost done now, almost done."

He came back and opened the door, his shoes neatly placed on the rack as he hummed, the protests had been a success this week, legislation was passed to protect android workers rights, especially those in house care. Wandering around the deafeningly silent apartment, it felt off. He would usually see you on the couch, earphones in and typing away. But he couldn't find you, maybe you were actually using the study you had for once.

"Y/N..? You in the study?" He asked, then waited for any sort of response from you. All he got was an exhausted mumble of you saying what you had written out loud. Wheezes, as you spoke, worried him as he made his way down the hallway. He kept listening until he heard silence, assuming the worst, he opened the door and saw your slumped body on the desk.

"Y/N?, Y/N!  Please tell me you're just tired" He tapped your cheek, shaking you slightly. Markus only stopped when you moved, he slid his hands around your waist and shoulders then carried you bridal style to the bedroom and tucked you in before kissing your forehead. Curiosity got the better of the android and he snuck into your study, sneaking a peek at your latest project. A book on a utopia underground. Turning the computer off and cleaning up the desk, he chuckled.

"So dedicated, just take a break from time to time Y/N"