"Back At It?"

Louis POV-

"So it's over?"

She nodded, shiffting uncomfortably in her seat.

"Oh. Well, I'm sorry."

She shrugged. "It's really fine."

I nodded and fixed my gaze to my feet.

She sighed. "Are we just going to pretend that we were never best friends? Is that what fame's done to you?"

My attention was snapped back to her face. "I-I...no?"

Her shoulders dropped. "Maybe this wasn't such a good idea."

"Jeez, Gigi! I'm not the one who hasn't contacted you in ages!"

Her mouth hung open. "Yeah, you're right."

"This is all so messed up."

She sat back down. "Tell me about it."

We sat there quietly for a few seconds. "Can I ask you something?"

"Yeah, sure," I responded.

"I...um...are you...like, glad, that Liam and I broke up?"

I hesitated for a second and then I shrugged. "I don't know."

She looked down at the ground. "Oh. Alright. I-I was just wondering."

"Yeah," I decided to try and switch the topic. "Could I sing you a new song that we wrote?"

She smiled. "Sure."

"It's called Fireproof. It's coming out in a few days."

"I know."

"Oh, did Liam already, uh, sing it for you?"

"He played it for me, but I haven't heard it live yet," She leaned back. "Entertain me."

I laughed and cleared my throat.

"I think I'm gonna lose my mind. Something deep inside me I can't give up. I think I'm gonna lose my mind, I roll and I roll 'till I'm out of luck yeah I roll and I roll 'till I'm out of luck," I started but suddenly she paused me.

"Sing your part. I don't care about hearing the other boys right now."

I blushed a little but concealed it by turning my head to the side. "Oh. Ok."

She smiled. "Go."

"I think I'm gonna win this time, riding on a wind and I won't give up. I think I'm gonna win this time, I roll and I roll 'till I change my luck, yeah I roll and I roll 'till I change my luck."

I paused and then closed my eyes. That line is basically me professing my feelings for her and how I won't give up even if she has a boyfriend.

But instead of noticing that, she started clapping. "I love it! You and, uh, Liam wrote it, right?"

"Innit," I said, grinning.

She shook her head. "Goddamnit, I miss this so much."

I nodded. "I know. Me too."

It was silent for a second. "You up for a game of football?"

I laughed and nodded. "I always am."

She grabbed her bag and said, "Alright, go grab a ball and lets head down to the Swamp."

----

It was so nice being home.

I loved driving around without having to be worried about being mobbed since everyone knew everyone in this town.

It was even better driving around my hometown with the girl I've been dreaming about for years.

Gigi wouldn't shut up once she started. She told me everything, from what she ate for breakfast to which team she wanted to win the World Cup."

"Have you seen Cassia lately?" She asked.

"Kind of. When Harry gets back in town, it's going to be the first time they've seen each other in two months."

She shook her head. "That's what it was like with Liam. I never saw him," She paused. "I'm surprised that they're still together."

"Harry and Cassia?"

"Yeah."

"They're crazy about each other. She's all Harry talks about."

Gigi laughed. "Jeez, I miss Harry."

"We can all hang out at the old school maybe when Harry comes back from LA in a few days," I smiled. "Just for old times sake."

"It's weird to think how much Cassia and Harry used to hate each other. I mean, Harry was a total jerk to her."

"And now they can't get enough of each other."

She giggled. "I guess he's not so mean anymore."

"We're here," I said, pulling up to the entrance in the forest that we could walk through to get to the field.

We trudged through the muddy path. "I haven't been here in ages," I said.

"I still come here every once in a while to, you know, remember the best time in my life."

"And that was?"

She sighed. "It was when everyone was happy. We were all friends, right before you and Harry left for the XFactor," She stopped walking as we walked through the opening into the field. She stared at the sky. "It was perfect."

I felt a drop of water fall on my arm. "It's raining."

She turned her attention back to me. "Who cares? Lets play," She grabbed the ball from me and started dribbling off. "Just for old times sake!"

I laughed and chased after her as the rain started falling a little harder.

And in that moment, my mind raced back to a specific time in my life.

"Louis! I'll race you!"

"Ok, on three," I said, grinning. "One, two..."

She took off.

"Cheater!" I yelled after her, although I laughed and sprinted after her.

We fell to the ground and the rain fell on us, the wet grass making the back of my shirt soaking wet.

"We'll be best friends forever, Lou," I heard her say next to me. "I just know it."

I remember smiling and nodding until my neck hurt.

I pushed her down as soon as I reached her, and instead of falling next to each other, we fell on top of each other.

"It's wet!" She exclaimed, although she made no movement to get off of me.

I laughed and let her flip over so she was lying next to me.

"I could stay like this for a while," She whispered after a few seconds.

I stared at the sky, the droplets of rain looked like bullets coming towards me. So I closed my eyes.

"I could stay like this forever," I responded, and although she couldn't see it, I smiled big, bigger than I had in a very long time.