"Home"

Cassia's POV:

We had been back from New York for three days.

It seemed as if NYC was a dream that I had finally woken up from.

Everything, well, almost everything, was perfect in the city. But the second I stepped through the entrance of what I called home, everything and everyone seemed to snap back to reality.

Alison pretty much ignored me other than polite hellos when we see each other in the morning before I go to school and she leaves for work.

Dave is seemingly M.I.A, but Alison acts completely unfazed.

My parents are kind, but they have no idea what my life is like. As far as they're concerned, I have the same life as the innocent Cassia I was at six. For all they know, the worst thing that has happened to me is the time Dani and I broke the heads off each other's Barbies and forgave each other two days later instead of one.

They have no idea.

I had tried texting Harry for the past few days apologizing for not being able to make the meeting. He hadn't responded, not even when I told him that I couldn't meet him.

On Facebook, I had seen a ton of posts from either Victoria or Luke about the up and coming baby.

Every time I saw one, I almost barfed in my mouth. Technically, me and Luke never broke up, but it had been pretty clear since he knew that I knew about the baby.

It hurt me to know that he cheated on my so badly, but everything that had been going on made it impossible to express any true feelings to any particular event.

After finishing up my homework I put on my jacket and boots and headed out, not bothering to leave any note saying that I was leaving.

It wasn't like they would care or anything.

I walked over towards our town deciding that I could check out some stores to clear my mind.

Without noticing, I was drawn towards the music store where I had first kissed Harry. I gulped and stepped inside, daring myself to relive the memories of that night.

As I stepped in, familiar memories crashed into me, from the comforting tinkle of the bell when you walk in to the smell of old vinyl.

I suddenly felt dizzy as all these past events came back to me.

That night I had pretty much been falling in love with Harry and I had no idea.

I surveyed the crates of albums and felt my heart drop when I came across one specific one.

My hands trembled as I pulled it out of its tight spot in the crate.

It was the single, "Isn't She Lovely?"

That song had been on constant reply in my mind for the past few months without Harry.

I hadn't seen Harry since our awful argument, and there was so much I wanted to talk about.

It suddenly occurred to me that Harry might still be in town and I made a beeline for the door only to be stopped by a manly body entering the store.

"Thought I saw you come in here," I heard a familiar voice chuckle.

Dave.

"Oh, uh, hey," I muttered.

"Where are you heading to in such a hurry?"

"Nowhere...I mean, I just need to get home," I asked, taking back the thought of asking where he had been for the past three days.

"Are you sure you have to go so soon? I was hoping to talk to you?" He asked, suddenly putting his hand on my wrist.