"A Jog"

Cassia's POV:

"You don't have work today?" Dani asked me, walking over towards the high end area of our mall.

"Nope, only over the school year."

"Oh, 'kay." She walked up to the door of a shop. "I'm gonna go in here." She announced.

I nodded. I'd go to the bathroom.

The mall was huge, but I knew my way around from shopping here my entire life. I made a beeline for the restroom next to Topshop and headed in.

"Cassia!" A shrill, high-pitched voice called out from behind me as I washed my hands.

I whipped around and saw Olivia and Victoria.

"Hey, hun!" Olivia said, her voice dripping with fake sweetness.

"Hi." I said, nodding once towards Victoria to acknowledge that she was there. Things had been awkward between us ever since we stopped being friends.

"What are you doing here?" She asked, placing a hand lightly on my shoulder.

"Shopping." I responded automatically, probably sounding like a robot.

She nodded in mock approval. "Nice." She flipped back her now shoulder length blonde hair. "I'm meeting my boyfriend."

"Cool I've got to g-" I said but her squeal cut me off.

"There he is!" She said, pointing towards the door. It was Louis Tomlinson and of course, Harry Styles.

"W-which one?" I asked.

"I'm dating Louis." She said, and I sighed in relief.

"And this chick," she said, bumping a hip with Victoria. "Is dating Harry."

••••••••

"What are you doing!" Dani yelled to me.

I walked out of the mall in a fury with Dani chasing after me.

She caught up to me. "You're crazy, you know that? You're insane."

I rolled my eyes and kept walking.

She kept yelling curses at me from behind my back, but I didn't care.

I kept walking back to my car, which was finally all mine.

I sat in it for a few seconds and watched Dani defeatedly walk back into the mall.

I drove back to my house as quickly as I could and turned on the lights.

Harry dating Victoria? How?

It wasn't that I cared who Harry dated anymore, but I did care about Victoria obviously dating him just because she has to date every boy that I have a chance with.

Victoria...what a jerk.

I put on a pair of yoga pants and a sweatshirt and went out for a jog, blasting Katy Perry into my ears.

Jogging always helped clear my mind.

I jogged past Dani's house, to see if her car was in the driveway, which it wasn't.

Typical.

I jogged past every house I knew besides one.

Harry's house.

I had to hate Harry. He had a huge ego and always made extremely snarky, rude comments.

I closed my eyes as I sat down on a park bench for a break.

"Cassia?" I heard a soothing, familiar voice call out.

I sat up and ruffled my hair. "Luke? Is that you?"

He approached me from out of the woods. I decided I wouldn't ask why he had been in there.

"Wanna sit?" I asked, as he was panting and clutching his side.

He nodded breathlessly.

"T-thanks."

"Sooo...." I said, sighting up taller as his shoulder touched mine.

"How have you been doing?" He asked, quickly and louder then before.

I smiled. "Okay." I pushed back a loose strand from my ponytail.

He leaned on his knees. "How so?"

I shrugged. "You'd rather not hear my long, depressing story."

He nodded his head and his brown hair shook. I had remembered he was cute up close, but I didn't realize he was that cute.

"I do." He said.

So as he leaned back, I told him the story of my life. How Dani had been not a good friend lately. How Harry was a jerk and dating my ex-best friend (not to mention Luke's ex as well). How I had almost no friends to talk to.

"So yeah." I said, taking a breath and giving him a small smile.

He laughed and looked at the floor.

"I'm sorry, Cass." He said, using his old nickname for me.

"For what?"

"For everything that's happening to you right now. And also for...dumping you for your best friend."

I shuddered slightly at the thought.

"It's fine. That was years ago."

He nodded and smiled, the small dimple in his left cheek standing out.

"Wanna go for lunch some time?" He asked, then quickly shook his head. "I-I mean, it wouldn't be a date, just a get together..."

"I'd love to go out for lunch some time."

His smile appeared again and his face lit up. "I-I'll call you!"

I laughed. "See ya'!"

I got up off the bench with a completely different perspective of the world from when I had sat down.

Maybe it wasn't so cruel sometimes.

•••••••••••••••

Hey guys! Go to my profile and read Midnight Memories One-Shots! I wrote one and I wanna know how they are!

How did you all like this chapter?