"Ali's Surprise"

Cassia's POV:

"Honestly, can you just tell me which flight we're on?" I muttered, reluctuantly dragging my duffel bag on the smooth, shiny floors of the airport. Throughout the entire process, Alison had been hiding every little hint: from the text messages on her phone to our boarding passes.

She shook her head and grinned at me. "Nope. You'll find out soon enough." She grabbed David's hand and pointed at a sign above our heads. "Is that our gate?"

He nodded. "Yeah, that's what the boarding passes say."

They continued walking towards our gate. I sighed and continued dragging along.

After arriving at our gate, Alison made sure that I wouldn't look up at any signs, going to measures of taking me to the bathroom for thirty minutes.

"Why do you care so much about me not knowing where we are going?"

She shrugged. "I just want to see the look on your face when you find out." She sighed dreamily. "You're going to love it."

I felt a familiar leap in my stomach as I thought of all the places that we could be going to.

Paris? London? Venice? Honestly, I could imagine going to China right now.

Alison can do anything.

We arrived back at the gate after I had picked up a couple of bottles of water for the however long flight.

I pulled out my phone quickly and scrolled through my notifications.

Nine missed calls from Harry.

I rolled my eyes, though I felt a nervous flutter in my gut. I continued looking through other texts.

None from Dani, of course.

Something had happened to us after that day in the mall. We had just kind of...split.

I slipped my phone back in my pocket and squinted at the signs that we were slowly approaching.

What did it say? I couldn't tell, though every step brought me closer I wondering where we were.

All of a sudden, my phone started buzzing.

Harry, again.

I sighed and pressed the answer button.

"What do you want, Harry?" I asked.

He hesitated. "Um, I wanted to say sorry, and that you were right. Yeah, Victoria was cheating on me. And, uh, yeah, she's pregnant."

I felt my heart race as I thought of all the amazing things that could happen between me and Harry now that his relationship was inevitably over.

But before any nice things came out I my mouth, I shot back with a snarky comment.

"Nice to know. Have a great life." I said, pressing end and turning off my phone.

My attention immediately directed towards the overhead signs, and I gasped as I read the words that were listed.

"Ali!" I squealed, hugging my tall sister as she laughed.

I felt tears come to my eyes and a huge smile plaster onto my face.

I stared up at the glowing, seemingly sparkling sign above me.

All I could focus on were the three words above me.

New York City.

••••

Guys, I am so so so sorry that I lied about updating four days ago.

I've had a hell of a weekend, and I was just squeezing in this update.

I'm sorry if it sucked, but the stories getting better very soon.

Please forgive me for taking forever to update, and I love you all.

I'm posting another chapter in a couple of minutes answering the questions you asked.

Sorry for any confusion with the story as well, since some things got deleted and everything.

I love you so much!