He Was So Mean

Cassia's POV:

"And Harry Styles moves on!" I heard on the TV in the kitchen.

I rolled my eyes and quickly turned it off.

Yet another round passes by, yet another foot his ego grows.

After the second round, I had moved on from hoping that anything, anything, could happen between me and Harry.

I had honestly thought that any tension between us was gone.

I guess I was wrong.

What had I been thinking? An average girl going out with a complete stunner?

Yeah, right.

I pulled on my tight ponytail, making it even tighter and kneeled down to play with my dog, Melly.

"You know him, right?" My sister, Alison, commented, coming into the kitchen.

I looked up at her, taken aback by the fact that she wasn't with her fiancé, David.

I shook my head. "I knew him. He changed."

She shrugged and grabbed a bottle of water from the refrigerator.

"I'm going for a run." She said, pausing to take a sip of her water. "With Dave."

I chuckled quietly to myself as Alison flipped her hair and walked out of the room, long legs and all.

"You're the only person that gets me, you know that?" I said to Melly who was giving me a confused look.

I sighed and pushed myself off of the floor with a groan.

My phone started buzzing wildly so I picked it up.

"Did you just see that?" I heard my best friend, Dani, squeal from the other end.

"See what?" I said, pretending I didn't know what she was talking about.

"Harry just moved on!"

"Nice," I muttered.

"You need to move on, hun. Nothing was going to happen in the first place, you know that, right?" She stopped talking for a second. "Anyway, I needed to talk to you about something else."

I grimaced. Though I did know that, it hurt to be coming from my supposed best friend.

"I've gotta go." I said quickly, hanging up, not waiting to hear what else she needed to say.

I checked my watch and jumped slightly.

I had to get to my weekend job at the mall. I worked at some cheap phone case stand.

I grabbed my purse and my keys.

"I'm leaving!" I yelled, though I knew no one would hear or care.

Typical.
•••••••••••••••••••••••

"It's your break, sweetie." My boss, Mark said, patting me on the back.

I smiled half-heartedly and walked slowly away from the stand.

I'd go to the food court, like every day, and eat crappy Chinese or greasy pizza.

I walked into the food court, got my food and sat down at a booth.

"Cassia?" I heard from behind me. "Is that you?"

I turned around to meet eye to eye with the same boy, the boy that was now a stranger.

"What are you doing here?" I asked, maybe a little too harshly.

"I'm shopping for next weeks outfit." He smirked. "I have to look presentable for the judges."

"But if the judges love you so much, why would they care how you dressed? Because you sure make it seem like if you came butt-naked they'd still be showering you with roses."

He's confident grin dropped and he stared at the floor.

"I-I miss you Cassia. I miss being friends."

I looked at him frostily.

"I used to miss it, Harry. But there's one thing I really miss."

"What?" He murmured, barely above a whisper.

"I miss you, honestly. I miss who you actually are."

"What do you mean?" He asked.

I stood up and started walking towards the exit, not bothering to pick up my trash.

"I miss the old Harry. I don't like this." I said, gesturing to him. "You've changed."

I shot him one last glance.

"And so have I."

••••••••••••••

You're pleads have been answered! The sequel is up!

I know that this is quite sad, and skips a lot of what happened in between He's So Mean and this book.

Keep on reading, guys!

I love you all, and I'm so happy you are all reading this!

Comment your thoughts on the "changed" Cassia.

Lots of love!!!

-Gigi (the author)