"Paying a Visit"

Harry's POV:

I tapped my foot in anticipation.

I had texted Cassia the night before asking if we could meet at our school, Chapman.

She had quickly replied that she would, and I had immediately gone to our meeting spot as soon as necessary.

I would do anything to make it up to Cassia, anything to show her that I'm not that bad of a person.

I leaned against the brick wall of the school, the cracked concrete digging into my spine so I had to arch my back.

I checked my watch, noticing that Cassia was supposed to meet me ten minutes before.

Probably just running a bit late.

I pulled out my phone and went to Facebook, curious about what was on Cassia's page.

I gasped quietly when I saw the name of the first album.

"New York City Pics!"

I reluctantly opened it and scrolled through the pictures. The most recent one was from 20 minutes ago.

She was in New York City, when she told me she would meet me.

I threw my phone on the ground, watching it shatter to a million pieces.

I kicked a locker and fell to the floor, sobbing quietly.

The dark hallways encased me in their loneliness as the impeccable truth suddenly hit me like a bullet.

Cassia hates me.

The girl that I had been silently in love with for every day of my time at Chapman hates me. All these hours of torture, days of bullying, months of teasing, of hatred, they mean truly nothing.

Everything that had led up to this moment, this moment where maybe I could tell Cassia, tell her that I care about her more than anyone in this messed up world, had fallen into oblivion.

And there was nothing I could do to fix it.

Cassia had every right to hate me. Torturing her for an im entire school year, falling for her entirely, leaving her for "fame." Not believing her when she was telling me the truth.

Not doing anything that would make her fall back in love with me.

It feels sour to say, but I love Cassia. More than anyone I've ever met.

I love Cassia Greenwald, the girl I was told to despise.

And it hurt to know that for the first time, she hates me.

I sobbed out anything that was left of me, letting all the emotional pressure of the past few months out onto the empty, lonely halls of my high school.

I pushed myself up off the ground and walked down the slick hallway floors. I peered into every classroom, every class I'd had with Cassia. I even stopped by my locker. I opened it up and saw it was empty besides one thing.

There was a little piece of folded up paper in the locker that I pulled out.

"Hi Harry, if you ever come by your locker again, then maybe you'll find this. I wanted to say hi. And that I really, really like you. I hope that your time on the X-Factor is good. You are going to do great. Luck and love, Cassia."

I scanned the paper and read the date, which was the day after I had left school for the X-Factor.

I felt tears welling up in me again as I slipped the note in my pocket and slid onto the floor yet again.

Tear dripped down my face for the first time in years, and I let them fall freely.

One hit the paper, falling directly on the "Love".

It slowly discolored it until it slowly stretched out and faded. Another damp corner ripped as I tried to fold it again.

It was broken now, just like I was.

•••••••••••

I know that this was short and that I haven't updated in days, and I'm really sorry about how short and crappy it is.

I kind of cried a little, I don't know why, it just made me sadddd.

Anyway, love you guys, and the winners of my cover contest will be announced on Friday.

-Gigi<3