Chapter 5

I am sick. 

All week I didn't go to school because I had a cold with a fever; Lana insisted that I say home. I didn't want to but I guess it was a good thing considering I freaked out and ran away from Cole and everyone.

They probably are weirded out by me and never want to talk to me again. That's a real shame because I really did like Cole. He gave me a spark of happiness when he was there. 

But now he's gone from my life. 

I blew it with my stupid phobia. That's why i'll never have friends. Or a even a boyfriend. 

Today is now Monday meaning I have to face school. I spent the whole week in my room doing my homework and studying. I know almost everything. So i'll be able to make up my work easily.  

When I arrive to the school i'm early so I have a seat on one of the benches in the courtyard and I start re-reading shakespheare for the 3rd time. I practically have the whole thing memorized. 

"Sabrina." He says. Am I hearing his voice now? I must be going crazy. 

"Sabrina?" He asks again. I stop reading and I look around. There stood Cole standing there next to me, he had a smile on his face like always. 

"Hi." I say softly. Is he here to yell at me? Make fun of me? Or worst of all... give me pity? 

"How's it going?" He asks. 

"It's fine." 

"Mind if I sit down?" 

"I don't mind." I say looking at him cautiously. I don't really know what to expect. What if he brings up my parents again? I don't want to run away from him to cut. 

"I'm sorry about Leslie." He tells me still smiling brightly. But always with sad eyes... 

"It's alright." I assure him. "She didn't know it was a touchy subject for me." 

"No it's not okay. But you have to excuse her." He says with a far away look in his eyes. "She has ADHD. She can't stay still and she gets over dramatic. Something with her hormones. If you don't want to be around her because of that I understand." 

"Oh." I mumble staring at him. "It's okay. I like her though. She very bright." 

"Yeah." He mumbles.

"Plus my brother-in-law has something like that. But with his he can't stay still for long." I add. 

"That's interesting.." He mumbles. "But don't mention Leslie's ADHD in front of her, it's a sensitive subject for her also." 

I nod in response. 

"I understand if you don't want to talk to me anymore though." Cole says still smiling but eyes going sadder. "I mean you looked really hurt. You probably don't want to risk getting in that situation again; although I really wish we could still hang out. I like talking to you." 

I smile at him. "Of course." I answer. 

He smiles brightly and the bell rings. "I'll see you later." He says standing up. 

"Bye." I say smiling and putting my book back in my bag. He gives me one more smile before walking away. 

**************************

"I really really like him and he's super nice and cool." Leslie gushes.

We were all walking home after school. Leslie met a guy while I was gone and she's been talking about him non-stop since we left the school. 

"I think he likes me but I can't be sure because he hasn't told me. But he's really nice and bought me lunch today so maybe he does. He just make me so happy I wanna just scream!" She exclaims; then she does scream her lungs. "I think i'm in love."  

"Gosh Leslie can't you just shut up for a second?!" Carson exclaims with an irratated look on his face. 

Leslie's face falls and her happy mood vanishes. She changes completely and she lets out a sniffle. 

"Oh God." Cole sighs taking Leslie's hand pulling her into a hug. And there Leslie goes crying her eyes out in Cole's shirt. "Seriously Carson? Did you have to say that?" 

"She was getting annoying." Carson defends. 

"You know Leslie. She's like that; what's your problem?" 

"You know what? I got to go. I'll see you guys later." Carson says harshly, stomping away from us.

"What was that all about?" Cole asks himself. He looks at me and gives me a sad smile. "Sorry you had to see that." 

"It's alright." I mumble staring off into the direction Carson left. Cole bends down and whispers in Leslie's ears and I see her nod in his shirt. 

"I wonder what his problem was." Cole says starting to walk again with his arm over Leslie's shoulders. "He knows Leslie overreacts but he just snapped on us." 

"He really put a downer on her mood." I say. Cole nods in agreement. We walk and then we get to my condominium. 

"Hey on Friday night were all going to hang out." Cole says. "You can come along if you want." 

I think about how Lana wants me to make new friends and hang out more. With her getting deeper into pregnancy she's been getting more emotional and has been pushing us to do more things. She wants me to be happier even more so she keeps telling me to do something with friends. Because of my cold and fever I had an excuse not to go out but now I don't.

"Sure." I tell him.

"Okay i'll give you details later alright?" He says.

"Okay." I tell him. "Bye."

"Bye."

"Bye Leslie." I add. Leslie sniffles in response. I give Cole one more look before going inside. When I get into the house i'm greeted by Lana who's eating a whole pie by herself. Cravings.

"Oh hey Sabrina." She says smiling at me. "How was school?" 

"It was okay." I answer getting a cup out of the cupboard and filling it with water from the tap.

"You want some pie?" She asks still eating. I know she doesn't want to share so I shake my head  no and I drink up my water instead.

"Oh and dinner will be late tonight." She adds. I nod and go to the stairs; when i'm about to go up the first step I remember something and I turn back around. 

"Um Lana?" I ask. Lana looks up at me.

"What is it?"

"Er.. I was invited to hang out with some friends on Friday." I say. "Can I go?" I already knew the answer.

"Of course!" She exclaims. "That's great Sabrina. I'm so proud."

I give her a smile and I walk upstairs.

Thanks Cole.

**************************************************

1. I am the worst author on Wattpad and I deserve for all of you to be mad at me. 

]1 1/2. You guys should get your pitchforks and torches and bombard my house because I deserve it.

2. I don't deserve my wonderful people who are reading this. 

3. I know this chapter is super short and i'm SUPER sorry. 

4. Next chapter will be super long. 

Sorry guys but because I just started High School I won't be able to upload as much. Only on the weekends. I'm sorry this is so short but like it said up there next chapter will be REALLY long to make up for it. I've been focusing on my book Rider Home Girls (You should check it out) and I haven't had time for anything else. I know this chapter is boring but it's SOME prgress. I've been having writers block for this book but I make it up as I go anyway. PLEASE DON'T HATE ME!!