Chapter 2

It was dinner.

I'm sitting at the dinner table across from my 25 year old sister Lana and her 27 year old husband Brian. I live with them.

Brian is pushing food around his plate while my sister eats very slowly. Me, i'm just staring down at my plate trying not to make any eye contact.

We're having chinese only because my sister didn't have time to make anything for us today. She always claims she never has time.

"Sabrina." Lana says.

I look up.

"You're not touching your food." She says.

"I'm not hungry." I say.

"OK." Lana says disappointed.

I glance at the clock.

7:42 p.m.

Dinner ends at 8:00. After every dinner I get up and walk to my room, then I study.

"Have any plans tonight?" Lana asks.

I shake my head.

"You can go out if you want you know." Lana says expectantly. "As long as your home by 10."

"I have homework." I say.

"But you're always in your room studying and doing schoolwork." Lana says. "You need to have fun, you're a teenager!"

I glance at the clock.

7:57 p.m. 

3 more minutes.

"I really have to study though." I say. "It's okay, really."

"Alright." Lana says. "But go out over the weekend, okay?"

"Okay."

"I want you to be happy." Lana says smiling.

That's impossible.

I glance at the clock.

8:00 p.m.

I stand up, take my plate and put the leftovers in the fridge.

"Have a nice night, Sabrina." Lana says.

I nod and walk upstairs and into my room.

I don't like spending time with Lana, she reminds me too much of my parents. My parents were always expectant of me and always wanted me to be happy. They encouraged me to do my best so I can have a bright future.

Lana is so much like them. I love her to death but every time I talk to her and see her, I see my parent's character. She brings back memories of them and how I lost them that night

No! Again all the memories flood my head.

The blood. Hearing screams from my mother. Seeing my parent's bodies....

No! I can't be thinking of this! I run into the bathroom but realize that I forgot my tools in my backpack in my room. But there's no time!

I frantically go through the cabinet to find something I can use. I find scissors, they're not as effective but will have to do.

I pull up my sleeves to reveal my arm full of scars I find an unscathed piece of skin and cut. Once again physical pain takes over. I see my blood coming out, I look at my other scars. I don't have any more room on my arms for cutting.

I rinse of my cut and sterilize it. Then I go to my backpack and take out my box of band-aids.

After I was all patched up I take out my textbook and started reviewing it. I was going through Honors Chemistry 2 when there's a knock on the door.