Authors Note

I made a promise, recently. 

So yes, I have decided I want to make a sequel for CUT. 

But only one condition. 

By the end of February, if I have 190-200 followers I will post the sequel. I will update regulary. 

And I have already started writing the sequel and I would love to post it. But right now, I have decided to post a sneak peak. 

I am excited. So here it is. 

************************************************

Wake (Sequel to CUT)-(Sneak Peak)

Sabrina 

I close my eyes and I plunge under the water. 

There are some things you can't escape, and there are some things that keep trying to get away from you. 

The water is cold, it could be warm if I wanted it to. But apparently I don't, and this morning I knew my bath would be different as soon as I found myself turning the knob for cold instead of warm. 

This is how I deal with things that I can't escape, I let the sharpness of the cold water numb me and then I ascend to the surface and open my eyes. 

I am awake. 

*~*~*~*

 I stare at Cole with his laugh lines and his kind face, but as always, his sad eyes. 

You can only make his eyes happy in special occasions. Ten years ago when came back to me there wasn't a hint of sadness in his eyes, and I thought that it was gone forever. But then after a while I saw it again, as if its a curse he has to live with. 

I know that Cole's eyes are no longer sad with the haunting from witnessing the death of his father and his sister. I know now that he bears the pain from the procedures and surgeries he went through all though years ago when he left me. 

He could never describe the details to me without tears falling out of his eyes. He has scars in so many different areas of his body and it seems as if i'm always discovering new ones. 

I twenty-one when he proposed and it didn't long at all for me to say yes. His love was something I lived on, and I was determined not lose him again. Marriage was the perfect way to keep him with me and let me able to love him and share my life with him. An amazing bond. 

Long ago, Cole saved my life and made me able to live again. 

When I was twenty-five, I had my first child. He was absolutely beautiful, he had my physical characteristics but he had Cole's smile and his personality. I fell in love with my beautiful baby and we ended naming him Kelvin but everyone seems to call him Kel. 

Now, at only five years old, he seems to be the sweetest little boy with the most amazing personality; and I can't help saying that it all came from Cole, because none of it could've come from me. 

"Hey," Cole calls my name and I snap out of my daze. "When were planning on drinking that?" He jokes. 

I look down at the mug in my hand that i've been holding tightly. Inside was black coffee which I could tell was no longer hot, but room temperature. 

I sigh and push it away. "I'm not in the mood for coffee I guess." I mumble, shaking my head. 

Cole pulls a stool next to me on the island counter top that's located in the middle of our kitchen. He looks me in my eyes with persistence, and I think of how Cole seems to never age. Sure, over the years he grown up and has become 'manlier', but he shows no signs of wrinkles, gray hairs, or gaining any type of weight.