Chapter 14

I don't know what comes over me.

When Lana lets out an excited shriek and I realize what's happening I freaked. What was I supposed to do? We were not prepared for this, and no one in the household that's able to drive.

Of course I do have a permit.

And there's always Lana's car.

I get the bag packed with a bunch of things that we could possibly need. It seems as if we planned everything out.

Well, except for the transportation.

"Are you crazy Sabrina?!" Lana exclaims between breaths. I had literally pushed her into the front seat of the car when I found out she was in labor.

I turn the key and the engine roars as the car backs out of the driveway.

Lana whimpers and groans next to me. She's breathing heavily.

"You... don't... have.... a license." Lana says between breaths.

"I have a permit and i'm driving with an adult who has a license so this is legal." I explain. I don't mention how i'm speeding and the designated adult with a license is in labor. I don't think Lana even notices considering the pain she's going through.

I finally arrive at the hospital and I half-carry Lana into the emergency room.

"She's in labor!" I cry when we get inside. Automatically there are nurses and staff surrounding Lana and she's being pulled away in a wheelchair.

"Call Cole!" Is the last Lana says before she's pushed into the hallway.

There's a nurse standing next to me. "I assume your immediate family?" She asks.

"I'm her sister."

"Are you going to go in with her?"

"No," I say. "But can I use a phone."

After the nurse points me the phone at the front desk i'm dialing a number automatically. Eventually I will call Cole. But first, there's someone else I need to talk to.

"Hello?" His voice is gruff.

I take a deep breath. "I have news." I say.

"Sabrina? Is that you?" My anger floods the way he innocently says my name.

"I just wanted you to know that Lana's baby is being born." I say through my teeth, and trying to get a hold of my anger. "Not your baby hers, and I just wanted you to mark the day when you realized that you made the worst mistake anyone can make."

I hang up before I get any harsher. Sure Brian deserves it, but today is a special. A day of celebration, the day my niece is going to be born.

I call Cole and his voice sounds excited. He says that he'll be here right away. About 15 minutes later Cole is here and i'm being wrapped in his arms as soon as I catch sight of him.

"Can you believe this?" Cole says with a huge smile on his face. "Another life is going to be born today, Sabrina. You're going to be an aunt."

"No, I can't believe it. I'm still realizing this whole situation." I whisper.

Cole's smile turns sincere. "I know you and Lana are going to do a great raising him/her."

Cole stays in the waiting room with me for hours. Finally, a nurse calls us in. Cole gives me a reassuring look before we walk into the hallway. Finally, we reach Lana's room. I take a deep breath and we walk in.

The artificial light is blinding, but what's really glowing is the look on Lana's face as she looks down in the bundle in her arms.

The pink covers tells me its a girl.

I walk over to Lana's bedside and she looks up at me smiling.

"I've decided to call her Red." She says. "Because she was blushing when I first saw her."

I look down at Red's plump red cheeks and the fragile skin over her closed eyes.

"Perfect." I whisper.

"You want to hold her?" Lana asks. I nod and she passes me the fragile bundle.Suddenly, I feel Cole's presence behind me. Red opens her eyes to reveal deep green eyes.

Brian's eyes.

I shake my head. He's not going to be able to hurt Lana or Red. I'll make sure of it.

Red is so soft in my arms, so small. The tears fall out my eyes before I can stop them. Its just so beautiful.

Cole puts his hand on my shoulders and gives me a squeeze.

"She looks like you." He says.

I look at Red's rosy cheeks and green eyes. I think of my pale face and brown eyes. How could we possibly look anything alike?

"She does." Lana says her smile widening. I shake my head.

"Her face is warmer than mine." I mumble.

Cole points at Red's face. "She has your think lips." He says. "And you soft expression. You're nose." After he points the characteristics out he touches my hair, and then gently pats hers. "Your smooth hair."

 I look at Red more closely. Cole's right. She does have the faint features that I have. I smile at Red and I look up to see that Lana's crying too.

The moment is broken when the door opens. We all turn around to see the person we don't want to see the most.

Brian.

****************************************

Whoa! This is short! SORRY!!!!!! But anyways I hope it at least satisfied you for this week. MY BIRTH IS ON FRIDAY!! I can't wait!!! :D