Epilogue

Epilogue

3 Years Later...

"Sabrina! Starting bringing your stuff downstairs!" Lana calls. 

I don't want to go to college. It's just something that seems extremely unecessary for me right now. 

2 years ago I musted up the courage to tell Lana about my cutting. She didn't take it well even though I reapeatidly told her that I haven't done it for a year and that I'm fine. Lana insisted on a rehabilitation center, so I went in one in New York for a couple of months. 

The restricted me from any sharp objects and tried to promote a happy environment. I had to put a pause on my studies. I know that even if I didn't go I still wouldn't cut. I made a promise to myself and Cole. So I had to make the courage to bear the pain in my emotions. Rehab did help me with that. 

I go downstairs with a couple of my suitcases, but then I'm being tackled by a fussy three year old. 

"Nina don't go!" Red cries. I look down at her with sympathy and I put my bags down. Then I pick up Red with both of my arms. 

"I'm going to visit all the time, Red." I tell her. I start to stroke her brown hair that grew exceptionally over the years.

Red shakes her head with tears that are threatening to come out of her eyes. "Nina, stay!"

I kiss her on the forehead. "Nina, will always be here for you." I tell her.

"Sabrina!" Lana calls out, walking over with a swollen belly. Yes, she is pregnant again. Technically, she and Brian were never divorced. So after months of Lana's begging, I agreed that he could move back in.

I was still very protective of Red though. And I still had doubts about how he would react to Lana's new baby.

"Yes?" I ask, putting Red back down on the ground.

Lana smiles when she sees me. "Oh my gosh!" She runs over and hugs me. "You're so... grown up now."

"I sure hope so since I'm 19 now." I mumble into her shoulder. My birthday was less than a month ago. 3 years ago on my birthday, Cole left for France. I didn't want to ever celebrate my birth again.

"I'm going to miss you so much!"

I smile and roll my eyes at Lana's dramaticness. "Lana, I'm going to be an hour away in New York."

"I know but... you won't be living here anymore." She mumbles. I pull away with a smile on my face. 

"I'll be around all the time." I point out. Lana doesn't stop herself from pouting. I was taller than her now, and I cut my hair short, half way down my neck. When I looked in the mirror, I actually looked like a grown woman. 

It's scary. 

"You do good in New York University, okay." Lana tells me. I nod at her. I decided to study psychology, ironic right? I just think that if I'm going to do something about my life it's helping other young people with self harm problems. It almost ended my life. 

Brian comes in and starts taking my bags. I only nod at him. Before Brian left years gao, we hqad an awkward relationship. Now there's no relationship at all considering I can't make myself forgive him for what he did. 

He's the one driving me to the University, and that's a car ride I don't want to go through. 

I pick up the rest of my bags. "Well, I guess I'm going now." I say, trying to stay calm. 

"I love Sabrina." Lana says. I look down to see Red clinging to my leg. Lana prys her off of me and Red frowns. 

"I love you guys." I say to them. "But I'll be back soon." 

When I get into the car with Brian he says something that takes me by surprise. 

"Look Sabrina." He starts. "I know you don't trust me anymore. But I won't leave again. I'm here for good." 

I look in Brian's eyes for some truth. He seems sincere, and I somewhat believe him. 

"If I didn't have some confidence for you Brian," I say. "Then I would be going to a county college a mile from here instead." 

He smiles and nods. Then we leave.

*****************************************************

It was the strangest thing.

Standing there, staring at the map of campus in the main courtyard I wasn't expecting anything. I didn't know.

But then he was there, tapping me on the shoulder and saying my name. I thought I was imagining it, I already accepted that he was dead. That he wouldn't be coming back. That I would never see him again.

I almost didn't recognize him at first. His hair was dyed black and he had on a black shirt and jeans. His eyes weren't sad anymore. And there was color in his skin. He looked so alive. He was taller, looked more like a man.

And then he smiled. And I knew for sure.

"Cole." I whisper.

**********************************************

The End

**********************************************

Everyone wants to know about a sequel. In three days I will be explaining what I plan to do in an authors note that I will be publishing in here. So keep an eye on you're notifications XD