Chapter 13

8 months later...

 Cole and I are inseparable. I laugh everyday now and Lana is past her depression. Lana thought that it was her fault Brian left, but eventually she realized that Brian was just being a jerk. Leslie and I became friends but Carson seemed to be acting detached. I stopped tracking the time and best of all, I haven't cut in 8 months.

Its a really big accomplishment. Cole is proud of me, he even went to the pharmacy to get some cream to clear my scars. I sleep 12 hours every night now, I make sure of it. Now that I can sleep I take advantage of it.

Lana's baby is going to pop out any day now. We're all excited, we found out its going to be a girl. Lana's been taking a baby class.

As for me and Cole, I have no idea where this relationship is going. He hasn't officially asked me to be his girlfriend. Maybe he just assumed we were together anyways? Or maybe he thinks that were only friends and I don't want a relationship? My mind is racking. I really care about Cole, if I lose him then... I don't know what I would do.

But do I have to have him that way. Is being friends just enough? I don't even want to think about it.

"Sabrina, you should totally check this out," Cole takes my hand and leads me across the library. He takes a book off a shelf. "Its called loved and loveless. Kind of like Pride and Prejudice."

I take the book from his hand. It showed a girl wearing a torn green dress sobbing in her arms. There was a dark figure in the background and I noticed something in particular. She had scars on her arms, perfectly swiped scars.

"I thought you might want to read it." He says. I swallow.

"Why would you think that?" I ask him.

Cole smiles. "Its been eight months, Sabrina. I think you'll be able to withstand this now."

I smile back at Cole. "Okay." I say. We walk to the library front desk and check it out.

"So, I was thinking," Cole turns to me with a smile. "We should do something special for your birthday."

My jaw drops. "How did you know...?" I never told Cole anything about my birthday. It was something that doesn't really matter to me anymore. How did he find out it was only less than a week away.

"I think Lana mentioned something about it once or twice before..." He says mischievously.

I sigh. "I don't want to do anything for my birthday Cole."

Cole takes my hand. "But I want to." He gives me one of his signature hugs and I end up melting in his arms. I love him so much. I love him and I want to be with him forever.

That's why I couldn't bear us only being just friends.

**********************************************************

Lana invites Cole and Leslie to stay for dinner tonight. Lana cooks chicken Parmesan and Cole, Leslie, and I sit at the table conversing as we wait for the food to be served. Cole makes me and Leslie laugh and there's a happy feeling in the air.

Lana walks towards us with the food on her plate. She wobbles with the weight of her bloated abdomen. Cole immediately stands up and takes the plate from her. Lana smiled gratefully and has a seat. Cole sets the plate on the table.

That's when it happens.

Cole's face goes pale and he collapses. We all jump.

"Cole!" I shriek. Leslie and I kneel by his side. Cole was sitting on the floor blinking rapidly. He holds his forehead. "Are you okay?"

Cole looks up at me. He immediately gets up and smiles. "I guess I was just a little lightheaded, that's it."

"You collapsed on the ground!" I wail standing up. "That's not getting just a little lightheaded! That's something you go to the hospital for!"

He turns to me and gives me a reassuring look. "I think I just stood up too fast to help Lana. I'm fine really."

"Are you sure you're okay?" Lana asks with a worried look on her face.

"Yes!" Cole says positively.

Leslie looks at Cole sadly and with a frown. "But Cole-" She starts.

"I'm okay Leslie." Cole cuts her off. He gives everyone a bigger smile. "Lets just have this delicious meal that Lana made. It'll help strengthen me up."

I frown at Leslie and Cole. They know something I don't. I don't like it. I sigh. "Okay, I guess."

Something's wrong with Cole. And i'm going to find out what it is.

**********************************************************

Oh my Gosh. This is WAAAAYYY too short. I'm sorry I couldn't make anything better. Its just that I wrote this whole thing TODAY! Phew! My fingers are killing me so BYYYEEE!!!