Chapter 15

Right when I see who it is I quickly hand Red to Lana before Brian can see.

For a second were all silent. Just staring. Brian looked scared and nervous. Knowing him, this must have token a great deal of courage in order to come here. He looks past me and Cole and his eyes glisten when he gets a glance at Red.

This makes me angry.

"What are you doing here?" I ask, surprising myself at how calm I sound.

Brian takes a deep breath. "I came to see..." He realizes that he doesn't know the gender of the baby.

"You didn't want the baby, right?" I say in my calm voice. "That's why you left."

Brian avoids my gaze. "Can I talk to Lana?" He asks ignoring my question.

Lana takes a deep breath behind me. "No." I say simply.

"But I-"

"Listen," I snap. "You decided to leave. You could've accepted this, but instead you chose to hurt Lana. And frankly, there's no chance for you to talk to her."

Brian looks down. He knows I'm right. "I'm sorry." He whispers his apology. Lana starts to cry behind me. I suddenly think about this in her point of view. If I were married to someone and I loved him so much, but then he did to me what Brian did to Lana. I would be heartbroken. But that love and that bond, it wouldn't be easy to get rid of.

It's been nine months since Brian left.

And Lana still isn't over him. And I understand that.

"William Shakespeare says 'Don't trust a person who has broken faith once.'; but Paul Boese also said that 'Forgiveness does not change the past, but it does enlarge the future'" I take a deep breath before saying the next thing. "If Red grows up without a father... then she'll lose something, that no one should lose." I think of my parents. I turn to Lana. I give her a questioning look. She nods at me and smiles with the tears in her eyes.

"When did you become such a strong person?" She asks. I give her a small smile and Lana turns to Brian. She holds Red out to Brian and Brian slowly comes and holds her. Cole and I walk out of the room.

"I'm really proud of you." Cole says to me when we walk into the cafeteria.

I turn to him with a frown. "I don't want him in our lives anymore Cole." I say.

"But Lana does." Cole finishes the thought for me. "I think I'm ready to tell you."

"Tell me what?" I ask.

"The really bad thing that I did." He leads me to one of the tables and makes me sit down. He takes a deep breath before talking. "Remember when I told you that I saw my father die." I nod at him. "Well, you see I was in the car with my dad and my sister 5 years ago. We were driving to Coney Island because it was my sister's birthday. On our way there I was angry, I was angry because my sister was getting all the attention that day and I was practically being ignored.

When we got to the park my dad and my sister had fun on all the rides but I was grumpy the whole time. Eventually I walked away form them altogether, determined to find my own fun." Cole pauses his eyes going sadder. "I did have fun by myself but eventually I went to find my dad and my sister. By the time I found them I was seeing the inevitable. A man who was wearing black clothing cornered them into an ally. I couldn't help the in time. I did get there in time to see them get shot multiple times and bleed to death instantly."

"Wait, but Leslie's alive? She couldn't have died." I whisper. Cole turns to me and I see the tears in his eyes.

"That wasn't Leslie. That was my other sister Hanna." Tears are streaming down Cole's face. He thought it was his fault that they died. He thinks that's the bad thing he did.

He thinks he took part in his father and sister's death.

******************************************************************

Yes I know, its short short short. I know I know I know! Its the uge. IM FOURTEEN NOW!! HAPPY BIRTHDAY TO MEEE!!! MY NAME IS CRAZY!!!! LALALALALALALA!!! HAPPY BIRTHDAY TO ME!!!!!