Chapter 20

After Cole was rested up, his mom went to talk to him about the procedure the doctor told her about.

Lana said she had to leave with Red, because Red required special needs in her home environment. I didn't stop them from leaving, but I decided to stay myself. Lana didn't argue because she knew I needed to stay.

I felt slightly more alone when Lana left. The comfort of my sister was helping me through this whole experience. 

I sit next to Leslie while I wait till I'm allowed to go see Cole. The nurse said only one person at a time can see him right now. Leslie's mom is telling Cole the news. I don't know how he's going to take it. He'll probably be eager to go all the way there. Hopeful for another chance to live. 

I don't want Cole to go. But I know he has to. I guess in my mind I saw him spending the rest of his days with me. It's extremely selfish of me, but it's what I want.

When Leslie's mom comes out of the room her face is stained with tears.

She turns to me. "He wants to talk to you." She says. I take a deep breath before going in.

Cole was staring at his lap, I know he heard me come in but he didn't move from his position.

"Tell me, Sabrina." He says.

I furrow my eyebrows. "Tell you what."

"What do you want me to do?" He still isn't looking at me.

"I don't know." I lie.

Cole look up at me. "I don't have to go, you know." He says. "I can stay here with you for as long as I can. I won't complain, because it would be worth it."

I'm not going to cry, I tell myself.

"If you go, you could... live." I tell him.

"Or I could die faster." He says.

"But its a chance."

"Exactly." Cole gets out of his bed and I flinch. He's not supposed to get up. He walks as close to me as the machine connected to him allows. He's only a foot away now. "If I stay with you we can spend the rest of my life together."

"Cole-" I start.

"I might not be able to come back." He cuts me off. I give him a confused look. "Sabrina, I'm not rich. The procedure will cost a fortune, and so does transportation. Even if I do live, I don't know if we'll be able to pay for a plane ticket back."

I stare at the ground, as realization dawns on me. "You mean..."

"I won't be able to ever see you again, Sabrina." He explains. "And staying with you for a limited amount of time, sounds better to me than living without you forever."

I look up at Cole. And suddenly I know what I have to do. I walk over and meet him and then I take his hands. "I love you." I say. "So I'm letting you go."

"I don't want to leave you." Cole says in desperation.

"You're going to have to." I tell him sadly. "I love you too much to keep you for my selfish reasons."

"Sabrina..."

I kiss him. I don't know if its going to be for the last time so I make it count. When I pull away there's tears in Cole's eyes.

"That was a goodbye kiss." He says in realization. I nod, and I turn to leave, but Cole grabs my hand.

"Promise me something." He says.

"What?"

"Live for me."

I already know what he means immediately. He doesn't want me to cut, or commit suicide. He wants me to live for him, even if he can't live for himself.

I walk out the door before I can stop myself.

*********************************************************

There once was a princess.

She lived in a tall tower and as long as she was in the tower she wouldn't die. If she left the tower she would die. But the princess was alone. The people who loved her disappeared, those who tried to love her she pushed away. She hated the tower.

The princess wanted to jump out of the tower and finally die.

But then a prince climbed the tower. He stayed with the princess for years in the tower, and the princess was happy for the first time since the people who loved her disappeared.

But the prince couldn't stay forever. Being in the tower for so long made him sick. Because the tower wanted the princess to be miserable, the tower cursed the prince. The prince would stay with the princess but the princess wouldn't let him. Because she knew he would die.

The prince left the tower. The princess cried for days. She knew the tower made her immortal, but its not worth the pain she causes her.

The princess jumped out of the tower and ran to the prince. She told him she loved him one more time but before he could say it back it was too late. The princess passed out on the ground and never woke up again.

For her however, this happily ever after.

***************************************************************

Okay this is an extremely short chapter to be the last chapter of the book but it is. BUT THERE IS STILL AN EPILOGUE!!!!!!!!! SO IM NOT DONE YET! AND THEN AFTER THE EPILOGUE THERE'S GONNA BE AN AUTHORS NOTE WITH FUTURE PLANS!!! XD