⚡Imagine #15 - Severus Snape⚡

{The Boathouse}

You ran towards the boathouse, that sat by the great lake. Snape was in there and you knew that he wasn't alone. Over the years, he had become a great mentor to you and someone that you really looked up to; he wasn't the person that everyone thought he was and you could only wish that more people had seen that side of him. Together, you, Harry, Ron and Hermione reached the boathouse and hid. You only hoped that this would be the night the three of them saw in Severus, what you saw in him. You were right; he wasn't alone. The dark lord was with him.

"Severus." The Dark Lord said to him as he was followed by his snake. "I may be extraordinary, but the wand is resisting me." The four of you listened closely to the conversation. 

"My Lord. There is no wand more powerful than the one in your hands. Ollivander even said so himself." Snape looked at the Dark Lord. "It will not fail you tonight." The Dark Lord looked at Severus, a cold glare in his eye. "You said that it answers to me, but does it really?" Snape looked at Voldemort confused as he watched him move slowly around him. "Does the Elder Wand truly answer to me, and only me?" He asked, getting straight to the point. You longed to go in and save Snape but you knew that it was too dangerous. 

"I told you, my lord, it's true loyalty lies with you," Snape replied, placing his hands behind his back. "That's just it, Severus," Voldemort said. "It cannot answer to me for I am not it's the true owner. It belongs to the one that killed its last owner and you are the one that killed Albus Dumbledore." He stopped. 

"As long as you are alive, the wand will answer to you." He looked at Severus. "Only I can live forever, Severus."

"My Lord-" With a movement of his wand, Voldemort has slit Snape's throat and left him to bleed on the floor, followed by his snake attacking him and finishing him off. You got up and ran to help Snape but Harry grabbed you and held you close to him. "It's too late." He whispered as you silently sobbed into his shoulder. When he was sure the coast is clear, he said: "Come on (Y/n)." He helped you up and ran into the boathouse to see Snape. You fell by his side. "Snape." You sobbed as you placed your hand on his throat, in the hope that it would magically stop the bleeding and heal his wound; but you knew that it was no good. The damage had been done. 

"(Y/n)." He said a small smile on his face. "My time has come." He looked up at Harry and waved his hand at him with little strength he had. Harry sat opposite you, next to Snape. "Win this war, Harry Potter." He said. "Live out your destiny." A tear began to fall down his cheek. "Take them." He begged as Harry collected them into a flask. Snape smiled as you one last time, before looking at Harry. "You have your mother's eyes." With that, Snape was gone. 

You cried as Hermione comforted you. After a few moments, you looked at Harry. "Take them to the Pensieve. You'll find everything you need to know." You looked at Snape before closing his eyes.