⚡Imagine #13 - Ron and Hermione⚡

{Just Friends}

Ron, Hermione and Harry were all at the Weasley house, getting ready for another school year at Hogwart's School of Witchcraft and Wizardry and there were just days to go before they returned again. 

"Do you think that we'll ever get a normal year at Hogwarts?" Ron asked as he looked at Harry and Hermione, who immediately began laughing. "What are you laughing at?" He asked, shaking his head. Hermione and Harry looked at each other, still laughing. "The fact that you even have to asks that suggests that you've been at a different school all this time." 

"Sorry I spoke." He said, looking at Hermione who had concentration written across her face. She was wondering what it would be like if they could have a year at Hogwart's without anything going wrong, but she knew that it would never happen. Harry stood up and headed towards the door. "Where are you going?" Ron asked as Harry turned around. 

"I need some air." He admitted. Hermione and Ron knew that he had a lot on his mind. Voldemort was getting stronger and it probably wouldn't be long until he came after him again.

Despite being worried about his best friend, Ron was happy to be left alone with Hermione. He moved closer to her and smiled. "How are you feeling about going back to Hogwarts?" He asked as he watched her playing with her fingers. "I'm a little bit anxious. At this point, we never know what's going to be waiting for us there." Hermione replied.

Ron gave a small sigh before putting his fingers under her chin and moving her head up slightly so her eyes met his. He stroked her chin. "You have no reason to be anxious. I'll be there to look after you. Besides, you're wonderful. Everything will be fine." Hermione gave a small laugh. 

"You're not so bad yourself." She replied, making him laugh. Hermione and Ron looked at each other and remained in silence. Taking Hermione by surprise, Ron leaned in and kissed her. Almost immediately, her eyes widened and she moved away from him. "What are you doing?" She asked him, shocked. 

"I just thought that-"

"Well, you thought wrong." She said. "Ron, I don't feel that way about you." She admitted as she watched Ron get up. "No, I get it." He said as Harry came back in. He could sense the tension in the air. "Everything's fine." Ron snapped, leaving the room. Harry looked at Hermione, wondering what he had missed.