⚡Imagine #10 - Harry Potter⚡

{Goblet of Fire}

McGonagall had arrived in the Gryffindor common room and told everyone to gather in the Great Hall immediately. Your boyfriend, Harry took your hand and you walked down with him, Hermione and Ron. All the way down, everyone was getting excited. "They're announcing who's been chosen for the TriWizard tournaments." Someone had shouted. This had lead Ron to make fun of Fred and George who had tried to put their names in the goblet of fire, expect their potion to try and fool Dumbledore's age line had backfired and their names were immediately removed from the goblet. "Stupid age line." George had muttered under his breath. Both of them still had streaks of white hair running through their bright red hair. 

Everyone had gathered into the Great Hall in their houses along with the students from Beauxbatons and Durmstrang. 

"Good evening everyone." Dumbledore said, making everyone's conversations ground to a halt and turn their attention to him. "Tonight, we will found out who our contenders for the TriWizard tournaments are." He gave a faint smile. "Let's find out who they are, shall is?" 

He approached the Goblet, which spat out the first name. "The first name is.... Fleur Delacour." The hall erupted in cheers as Fleur from Beauxbatons stood up and walked to the front of the Great Hall and shook Dumbledore's had before standing with her Headmistress; whom Hagrid was staring at fondly. Whilst Dumbledore was was waiting for the next name to come out of the goblet, you and Hermione spoke about how pretty Fleur was. 

"Okay, the next name is... Cedric Diggory." The hall cheered, especially the Hufflepuff house as Cedric approached the front of the hall, shook Dumbledore's hand. Many of the girls in the hall had swooned over Cedric and Harry held your hand, just so you wouldn't forget about him. You laughed slightly and ran your hand through his hair. 

"The next name" Dumbledore began, "Is..... Viktor Krum." Once again everyone cheered, especially the boys, many of who were big Quidditch fans, especially Ron as Viktor was the hero for many hoping to go into a career of playing Quidditch professionally.

"And there we have it." Dumbledore said once more. "Those our contenders for the TriWizard t tournament. One of these three remarkable people will go down in history." As Dumbledore finished his sentence, he turned to see Snape who was looking at the Goblet concerned. "Headmaster...." He began as Dumbledore turned round and caught another name as it flew out. Everyone gasped, only three names, three contenders were supposed to take place in the TriWizard Tournament. Dumbledore read the name of the paper, took a deep breath and looked around the hall. "Harry Potter?" You looked at Harry. "Harry Potter?!" He looked at you. 

"What's going on?" You asked him. "Did you put your-"

"No. Of course not." He said as Dumbledore screamed his name once more: 'Harry Potter!' You grabbed Harry's arm and pushed him towards the front of the hall. You watched him walked towards Dumbledore as everyone was staring at him. Hermione held onto you. you were just as confused as she was. "There's no way." You told her. "He couldn't have put his name in it." 

"I know." She said, comforting you. "Dumbledore will understand that and he'll fight to make sure he's excluded. He has too." Harry was clearly off balance as he went to the front. The hall was in complete silence for a few moments before Dumbledore dismissed everyone. 

You had tried to stay behind but Harry was taken with the other students and McGonagal asked Hermione to take you out of the hall. "Miss (Y/L/n). You'll be able to see him soon." She said. She was clearly worried too.

You waited and waited outside Dumbledore's office until you could see Harry. How could this have happened? Someone must have put his name in it without him knowing because Harry had no idea what was going on. "Harry!" You said as he left Dumbledore's office. You hugged him. "Are you okay? They're going to let you drop out right?" You asked, hopeful but he shook his head. "It's impossible. There's no way for me to drop out. I have to compete (Y/n)."

You shook your head in disbelief. "No. No. Harry, this is so dangerous. Do you know how many people have died in these tournaments?"

"I know (Y/n) but I have to do this." You were crying and he pulled you into a hug. "It's going to be okay." He told you.

"I don't want to loose you. I can't." You told him. 

"You won't." He kissed you. "You won't." 

Word Count: 782 Words