Summer Dresses and Sunshine

God damn it, Sanem thought as she tried and failed to fit into yet another of her favourite summer dresses

God damn it, Sanem thought as she tried and failed to fit into yet another of her favourite summer dresses. She was too big. Her bump kept getting in the way and the material didn't have enough give in it. She sighed in frustration.

The sky was bright and blue through the window, she'd wanted to enjoy it, to sit outside in a frilly dress. She'd wanted to feel pretty. A feeling that had been slipping through her fingers recently; her confidence dwindling as she grew bigger and bigger. When she had woken that morning the bright sunlight filtering through the windows had stirred a determination for a last-ditch attempt to rejuvenate her bodily confidence. Unfortunately, it wasn't working. All her old dresses that used to so perfectly complement her body now hung too tightly. She became more and more frustrated as she pulled the last of the garments awkwardly over her head and threw it onto the growing pile in the bottom of the wardrobe. She could pick it up later. Or maybe she would get Can to do it, bending down wasn't exactly very easy at the moment.

She just wanted to wear a pretty dress. Was that too much to ask? None of them fit quite right, bunching up in all the wrong places, pulling tight around her middle, looking entirely unflattering. She gave up, retreating back into the comfort of her yoga pants and soft, cotton t-shirt before groaning and slumping onto the bed.

"I'm getting fat." She sighed dramatically, as Can stepped out of the bathroom.

"You're not fat Sanem. You're pregnant." He chuckled at her. "But what does it matter anyway? You still look beautiful." Sanem glared at him.

Can sighed, exasperated. Maybe she was slightly chubbier than she had been, more curvy and fleshy. But it just made her look more cuddly, it made him want to constantly wrap his arms around her and pull her close. She was adorable.

He stepped towards the bed, taking her arm and attempting to tug her off the mattress, but it was useless. She'd turned herself into a limp sack of potatoes.

"Sanem!" Can chided softly, letting her go. She retreated further into the bed, pulling the covers over herself until she was completely buried by the duvet. Can sighed, sitting beside her. One foot was still pocking out from under the bedding, giving in to the temptation, he tickled it. "Sanemsie."

She groaned, kicking him gently.

"You can't spend all day in bed. Come on, get up." She didn't budge.

"I have nothing to wear." She whined, her voice muffled from under the duvet. Can pursed his lips, she could be stubborn as a mule at times. Fortunately, by now he had learned how to deal with her when she was like this, and he had the perfect card up his sleeve for this exact occasion. He had been planning to wait, but it seemed his surprise would be needed now.

Sanem felt his weight lift off the mattress. She huffed. Was he giving up? She poked one eye out from under the bedding to watch him as he walked towards the wardrobe and began rummaging around the top shelves - shelves Sanem was too small to reach. Can pulled out a large white box, accented with a soft pink ribbon tying the lid in place. He walked back towards her, then before she could do anything to stop it, he yanked the covers into the air, letting it fall to the floor in a heap. Then, refusing to back down from the fierce glare she was giving him, he placed the box down beside her."Here."