Campfires and Marshmallows

Early on Sunday morning Can was busy packing the car with their luggage and a few of Arslan's things while Sanem was trying to remember if she had forgotten to tell anything to Ayhan - who had volunteered to house sit and was now beginning to regr...

Early on Sunday morning Can was busy packing the car with their luggage and a few of Arslan's things while Sanem was trying to remember if she had forgotten to tell anything to Ayhan - who had volunteered to house sit and was now beginning to regret it.

"Allah, Sanem!" Ayhan shushed her friend before she began running through the list of instructions for the seventh time. "Feed the cats half a pouch each every morning and evening. Watch to make sure Ihsan doesn't sneakily eat his sister's food. Make sure to close the bedroom door unless I want them waking me up five times a night demanding attention. Water the plants every other day, and if I see a little grey cat outside let it in immediately." Ayhan took a deep breath. "I have got it, I promise. They will be fine." She insisted, pushing her friend towards the door. "Now please leave, your husband is waiting for you - and has been for some time."

Filming was to begin the following day for the Kırmızı Kurt campaign. The company had specifically requested that shooting take place in Çığlıkara national park in Antalya. A whole nine hours away from Istanbul - as Deren had pointed out in shock, during the discussion meeting a few weeks ago with the small group that would be going. Couldn't they have chosen somewhere closer? It was the furthest they had ever ventured for a campaign, but it was Kırmızı Kurt. Everything had to be perfect. But, it had made the logistics of the whole expedition far more complicated. Can had spent the better half of the last week frantically trying to organise the film crew, catering, and lodging for everyone. He would have quite happily stayed in a tent for the whole trip - but he had a feeling his employees might have resented him for suggesting the idea, Deren would defiantly have thrown a fit. And in all honesty, Can wasn't particularly keen on Sanem roughing it in the wilderness in her condition, either. So, he had compromised.

The cabins were comfortable, but far from luxurious. Rugged walls of cedar logs and small glass windows enclosing minimalistic furnishing, equipped with a limited supply of hot water and electricity. The hamlet of rustic huts was nestled deep in the wilderness of the forest, only a short distance away from the filming location, and just a few steps from a canoe lake. The small village had been advertised as a wilderness retreat. It seemed perfect - so Can had booked the whole camp. Yahya and the actors (all apart from Osman who had chosen to stay with them) would be residing in a hotel in town. Shooting would take place from Monday to Wednesday but because of the extensive journey, Can had booked the camp for five nights. That way everyone could have Thursday off to relax and explore the park.

A coach had been arranged for those that need transportation. Deren had been horrified at the idea so kindly offered to escort the actors on their flight from Istanbul to Antalya. Can, Sanem and Arslan would be making their own way by car.

Sanem finally agreed to leave, after saying goodbye to both of the kittens in turn. Cupping their face in her hands and smooching them on the forehead. They purred in response, wondering what all the fuss was about. Finally, Sanem headed out the door to where Can and Arslan were both waiting patiently in the truck.