Nesting

At four months along, Sanem's baby bump was beginning to become more and more noticeable

At four months along, Sanem's baby bump was beginning to become more and more noticeable. Now, obvious even under multiple layers and loose fitting clothing. As the weather warmed up, Sanem reverted back to her summer wardrobe; having the added effect of making her figure even more evident. Consequently, she became bombarded by an entourage of curious and unwelcome hands reaching out to feel her belly. It began with their work colleagues - which Can heroically shut down, noticing Sanem's discomfort with the attention. Then again a few days later, the moment she stepped into the district to visit her parents, another wave of merry neighbors had appeared to smother her in 'congratulations' and tight hugs that always ended with a hand lingering a moment too long over her stomach. It hadn't taken long for the news to spread through the village - Melahat had seen to that. Greetings of 'Have you heard?' and energetic gossip passed between excited lips had spread the news like wildfire. Now that she was visibly showing it had only exaggerated the situation. Everyone seemed to feel the need to touch her. Sanem was ready to snap. They had been walking Arslan around the park when a few random strangers had the audacity to walk over with invasive hands trying to feel her bump, causing Sanem to unleash a battery of curses at them. Can had to drag her away.

A few days later while they were getting supplies in the pet store, Can stumbled upon a dog jacket with the words "Warning: I Bite" written in large red letters. He joked that they should find one in Sanem's size. She just scowled at him.

Can soon discovered the perfect way to melt away her irritability, while also providing the perfect excuse for him to give in to his growing fascination with the changes in her body. Running his mouth over the bare skin of her soft curves, the newly settled flesh over her hips and the soft swell of her stomach. Taking advantage of the tenderness of her breasts and running his lips over the pink lightning trails scattered under her belly button. She was beautiful - stunning. Can was absolutely appalled when he discovered Sanem had become bashful about her new body and - in retaliation - began worshipping her with kisses whenever he got the chance. Making it blaringly obvious that he absolutely loved it. It timed perfectly with the sudden hormone-induced spike in Sanem's sex drive. They couldn't keep their hands off each other.

It wasn't just her physical changes Can found endearing. For the last few weeks, she had been obsessively changing and re-arranging their bedding. Having already bought and tried three different duvet cover sets before finally settling on a combination she was happy with. Can didn't fully understand what was wrong with the original bedding. She tried to explain that it wasn't soft enough - but he honestly couldn't feel the difference. Next, she moved downstairs. Bringing home a range of blankets and throw pillows for the living room after a shopping trip with Ayhan. Did they not already have enough blankets? Apparently not. She even spent weeks trying to find the perfect scent of laundry detergent. Experimenting with what seemed like hundreds of different types and brands, mixing them together and frowning every time the warm clothes came out of the washer not quite right. Not quite perfect. Eventually, she blended in an altered version of her perfume to the concoction. Smiling as she pressed her nose into the warmth of her favourite hoodie, greeted by the familiar floral scent. Emre asked a few days later, why Can's clothes smelled like wild-flowers.