Butterflies and Baby Showers

Sanem decided it was finally time to introduce the kittens to the garden

Sanem decided it was finally time to introduce the kittens to the garden. In a few days, they would be unwillingly handed over to the vet's for their own neutering - as much as she loved the cats she didn't need anymore, and one pregnant female in the house was plenty. Worried they might follow in their mother's footsteps, Sanem only allowed them outside for a short, supervised period each day. At first, taking them out in a harness until their elation from being released into the wild simmered down to restrained curiosity. Then, finally, she let them loose. The kittens explored, and sniffed, and eagerly followed Arslan around as he took them on a tour of the flower beds and footpaths.

Sanem sat on the lawn watching them, reassuring them whenever they wandered back over. Ilkay was the more adventurous spirit of the two. Little Sannie would only last a few minutes before returning to sit at Sanem's side to gather back his courage.

Can emerged from the house where he had been making lunch. He walked over, placing himself down on the grass beside them. She gave him a small smile in greeting before her attention fell back to Ilkay, who was currently chasing a yellow butterfly. Can's attention, as it had the habit of doing, fell on Sanem.

She had started glowing. His wife had always been beautiful, but there was something ethereal about her now, amplified by the warmth and brightness of the midday sun on her skin. A constant, rosy blush lingered in her cheeks. Her skin was perfectly clear and her eyes seemed brighter than usual. Her hair was shining like that of a model who had just walked off the set of a L'oréal advert, it's normal waves more pronounced and soft against his fingers. The changes were recent, and he was certain he must have been exaggerating them in his own head because how could anyone possibly look like that in real life? She was gorgeous. But she was so much more than that, there wasn't even a word for it.

He wasn't even consciously aware of his decision to kiss her but he suddenly found his lips pressing against hers. She sighed, melting against him. Her hands found their way to his chest as his arms wrapped around her waist, pulling her onto his lap. She ran one hand behind his neck, pulling him closer towards her and kissing back, softly at first, but then with a passionate insistence until...

She suddenly stopped. Can groaned as she moved away with a distant look in her eyes.

"Everything okay?" Can asked. She was staring at his chest, but he had the impression she was looking through him rather than at him.

"What?" Sanem asked as if she hadn't heard. Can wasn't entirely sure if the question was even for him.

"I asked if everything was okay?" He repeated softly. Sanem hummed in affirmation, still concentrating with a confused look on her face on something he wasn't privy to. Then she gasped, her eyes going wide and a hand flying to her stomach.

"I can feel him." She whispered in awe. "He's moving." It had been so gentle at first - she hadn't been sure - like the soft fluttering of a butterfly's wings brushing against her insides. An excited, uninhibited smile spread across her face.