The Reveal

They were lying together on the bed a few hours later

They were lying together on the bed a few hours later. Can's arms holding Sanem's back close against his chest. One hand placed tenderly against the skin under her navel, the other entwined with her fingers where it poked out from underneath her head - being used as a pillow. Sanem's headache had mostly faded by now, the dimming of sunlight helping to ease the stabbing behind her eyes.

"Oh, by the way..." Can began, rubbing a thumb over the skin of her abdomen. Making her sigh and rousing her from a state of semi-consciousness. "Arslan got the part." Can smiled, pressing his lips against the skin of her neck.

"Really?" Sanem asked, rolling herself over to face him.

"Yeah," Can nodded. "Osman too."

"Maybe the baby will get into acting as well - that way, we could have our own little empire of on-call actors in the future." She said.

"Maybe we should look at getting a contract with a baby apparel company, and sneak the little bean in as a model." Can suggested. "It would only be fair. Since both you and Arslan have been used in company projects. It could be a family tradition." He mused. Sanem smiled softly, her eyes falling shut again.

Can's soft gaze flickered down from his wife's face to her abdomen. He moved a hand to place his palm, once again, over the ruefully still-flat line of her stomach. He found that they kept gravitating there ever since he first found out about the pregnancy. Her worrying about losing the baby had stopped him from reaching out for a while. But Can was making up for it now, touching her whenever and as often as she would allow. A few days ago, she had nearly bitten his hand off when she had gotten fed up with it. Only to apologise a while later - blaming the outburst on a mix of hunger and hormones.

Now, she seemed happy enough with the attention. Humming when she felt his hand rest over her pajama top. Can couldn't wait for her to start showing. He wondered how much longer he would have to wait.

---

Sanem was feeling clear-headed and pain-free in the morning, so she returned to work. A nervous joy buzzed in her stomach when she realised they would be telling their colleagues today.

"Do you still want to?" Can asked, getting dressed. "We could wait a while."

"No, I want them to know. I don't want to have to talk about it in whispers, behind closed doors" She replied, fixing her hair. Can nodded.

"How do you want to tell them?"

"I have a plan." She grinned. "But best we wait till the end of the day, so we can escape if it sets off chaos."

---

When Sanem arrived she was greeted by a rush of 'Are you okay?' 'I hope you are feeling better.' It was a small office, and being wife to the boss made it difficult for her disappearance to go unnoticed.