chapter 17: part two

comment your middle name! :) mine is Catrina

-

"Move your hands up before I chop off your arms and attach them to your forehead," I tell Liam for the thousandth time and he chuckles while inching his hand up my back.

Honestly, I don't mind being this close to him because I can smell his minty breath, and his chocolate brown are gorgeous and...wait is this me talking?! What's wrong with me, dang it.

Jolissa, get it together.

"Now," Mrs. Hale, the dance instructor announces, pulling her dance partner behind her. "I hope you and your dance partner have chemistry because you will really need to pour your heart into the rhythm. Let the music take control of your body. I will demonstrate with Lance here," she motions to the guy behind her.

"Good thing we have undeniable chemistry," Liam says, jokingly.

I snort because please, we wouldn't even have chemistry if this were a science class.

After Mrs. Hale presses a button on the radio, a song that I finally recognize booms throughout the room. "Talk Dirty" by Jason Derulo plays loudly and Mrs. Hale has no problem moving her hips to the beat of the indian-sounding tune in the beginning. Lance, her partner, holds onto her hips the entire time and I notice he mostly is just there probably to get paid.

"Okay," she replays the music, "your turn."

Liam turns to me and I hold my hands out.

"No, no, no! If you think you're touching me again, you're genuinely nuts!"

He smirks, "Well, Jo, I do have them."

I roll my eyes, "When will these awful and disgusting jokes decide to stop plunging at me?"

"When you decide to give in."

I don't think he's talking about dancing.

"I'm not going to-"

"Come on, guys! You can do it!" Mrs. Hale's kind voice sounds from behind me. Crap. I was hoping nobody would make us do this stuff because I would feel violated and downright exposed if I let Liam touch me like that. Then again, his hands were amazing...dang it, Jolissa!

"Sorry, Mrs. Hale, we were just discussing the moves since she was quite confused a bit. Would you mind showing us again?" Liam asks, politely.

That impeccable, cheeky, imbecile! How dare he do that when he knew good and well I did not want to dance with him?!

"Of course, Liam," she smiles sweetly before ordering me to stand slightly in front of him. I feel his warm breath on my neck and I swear i'm getting freaking goosebumps. Why did my body have to respond in such an obvious way?!

"Place your hands on her hips, and while listening to the song try and move to the beat. Almost as if you two were the only people dancing," she tells him, and I feel his hands on my waist, squeezing them and making me gasp in shock.

I hear him chuckle quietly to himself.

"And I want you," she looks at me, "to try and move your hips, letting him guide you. Make sure you bend those knees or it won't burn as much. Okay?" she smiles warmly and I nod, even though I honestly just want to make a run for it.

Heaven knows I wouldn't even make it far though.

"Been around the world

don't speak the language" Jason Derulo sings.