chapter 27

ok so someone in the comments told me that I need to improve on my writing style

and I just want to be clear that this is my story (not anyone elses). Mine. And if I choose to write shitty bc of the plot (that I made up myself) im fucking sorry that upsets you

but at the end of the day, this story is mine and I can do what I want

sorry for the rant

lol ily all guys and heres your chapter

-

"What do you mean we're lost?!" My head peeks out the window that I rolled down, after I made Liam take it off child lock.

I'm actually not that surprised, though. We have been circling the same area, I swear, for hours and when I tried telling him, he insisted that he knew what he was doing.

Let the Payne Train do his thing, he said. The Payne Train knows it's way to the station, he claimed.

And now look where we are? Some place unknown, that's for sure.

"Well, we're somewhere along the lines of wilderness, and sharp rocks."

I roll my eyes and look back at him, "Wow, that helps."

"Hey, it's not my fault I don't know where we are!" he exclaims.

"What do you mean it's not your fault? It's all your fault!" I say, sighing and leaning back further in my chair.

He laughs, "I know. It just felt great to pretend that it wasn't."

I roll up my window, halfway annoyed of the wind blowing my hair into my mouth. I'd hate to end up swallowing strands of my hair, before throwing up hairballs like Puss in Boots from Shrek.

"On the bright side, Jo, I get to tell you more about when I was in school. You know, we could even share stories too," Liam says, shrugging with his hands on the wheel. The car backs up, and he enters onto a new road, with his eyes occasionally on the built-in GPS.

"How is that a bright side?"

"Oh come on, don't you want to hear about how I got my very first chest hair?" he halfway laughs because of my face expression.

"Are you giving me a choice?" I groan.

"Actually no," he chuckles. "So back in Wolverhampton, I don't mean to brag but-"

"Let me guess, you were mister popular?" I interrupt. It actually wouldn't surprise me if he was, considering that he seemed to always have lots of people around him. Everyone wanted to be his friend, from what I could tell, so he probably had many.

"Not even close. But I was a track legend," he says. "Although that happened, after I stopped going through multiple family sized bags of Doritos and eating sweets until I threw up my insides."

"What?" I ask, frazzled. "You, the Payne Train, were fat?"

"I know," he smiles. "Hard to believe."

Kind of like how it's hard to believe that I start to like you more and more everyday.

Stupid brain. Why must it think these seemingly incredibly false accusations?

"So you used to be me," I say out loud.

"Hey," his voice sounds almost defensive. "Don't call yourself fat. You were beautiful, and you still are."

I don't say anything, but I look out the window, thinking to myself. Why does he keep calling me beautiful? First with the flowers in the grass, and now with multiple hints that I am. But no matter how many times he calls me it, I still refuse to believe. What's so attractive about a potato with eyes?

"I mean it," he adds softly, looking over at me.

"Right," I quietly say, widening my eyes for a split second. "How did people treat you before you lost weight?"

"They didn't even talk to me, nor look at me. It's actually quite pathetic, really. The last year I came to school and shed off all the weight, they started noticing me and treating me different. And now it upsets me so much, because well," he pauses. "It's the same way Dylan treats you."

"You got his name right," I point out.

"I'm serious, love. It upsets me that you continue to have feelings for someone who halfway cares for you."

"I can't help it," I scrunch up my nose and tilt my head on the window sill. "Dylan and I have known each other since elementary school."

"And now all of the sudden he talks to you."

"I guess that's true," I finally agree with him, turning my head to face his own. "As much as I hate to admit it."

Liam nods, "So how was your experience in high school?"

I think about it for a second, although I already know what exactly to mention.

"Awful. Daisy and Laura, who were my so-called friends, left me out of basically everything. Honestly the only time they wanted me around was when they needed somewhere to hang when their parents were home. Even though i'm complaining, I still sort of am grateful for them though. I mean, they were my only friends."

Liam's face shows an expression of understanding, as I chose to go on with my sob story about my high school life.

"People ignored me too, if i'm not counting the countless amount of people who came up with the nickname Fatty Jo. Honestly, I got used to being big and being called that because there were ways of me getting out of things, like gym."

"High school is rough," Liam says. "And i'm sorry, I hadn't Coached you sooner."

"It's not your fault. My mother made multiple coaches train me in the past, and I made them all quit anyways. You were supposed to be one of them," I mention, remembering the plan that Laura and Daisy helped me think of.

That plan backfired, because little did I know that Liam was too smart for something as cliché as a bucket of ice water being poured over his head.

"Those times were quite funny, huh? And to think that it was only a little over a month ago."

"Yeah," I agree.

"My birthday is coming up, by the way," he says, and when I look over at him, he's giddily smiling.

"Yippee."

"I know, I can finally legally drink in America. Niall will be so happy."

For a moment, I daydream about how blue Niall's eyes are and the fact that I want to swim in them, not in a totally creepy way at all.

"Speaking of happy," Liam brings up. "Can I just say that being with you on this trip makes me just that?"

Awwwww.

"To be one hundred percent honest," I finally admit, smiling at him. "You could say the feeling is mutual."

-
Awwwwww #JIAM4LYFE

question: DOES MY WRITING REALLY SUCK? BE HONEST.

bc I would feel bad if you all felt the same way that I need to improve on my writing skills. This is just one story, and I promise that my writing style changes with almost every story and plot

(Btw follow the OFFICIAL Coached account on instagram bc it follows back @CoachedLiamfic)

goals for chapter are 74 votes and 80 comments???

luv ya ha