chapter 5

I purposely set my timer to have me wake up fifteen minutes before six so that I can pull the trap on Liam.

After getting dressed, which takes ten minutes, I pace back and forth in my room before I hear the doorbell ring.

I rush to my window and yank the string, laughing to myself as I imagine my coach dripping wet. I am evil, you say? I know. I must have inherited that trait from my parents when they went out of their way just to get me to lose weight. See who's evil now.

A knock on my bedroom door sounds before I hear a voice.

"Jo, you better be awake already! I don't want to have to pour water on you again!" Liam says through the door.

What? Why isn't he mad? He should be yelling at me for dumping a gallon of freezing cold water on his head for crying out loud!

I fling open my door and see that he is fully dry.

"Wh-" I stop myself and walk downstairs to the front door of the house.

I open the door and find a large wet spot on the concrete. It spreads down the pathway of my house, and onto the lawn even.

Why didn't that get on Liam?

"I'm smarter than you think," his voice startles me as I look behind me and scowl.

"How did you not get wet! It was supposed to drench you in cold water to the point where you would get so mad at me and quit!" I almost stomp my foot.

He leans in an inch and smirks at me, "That's the thing, Jo. I'm not going anywhere."

"That's what I feared," I roll my eyes at him.

He chuckles deeply and walks past me, careless of the water splashing underneath his shoes.

"Now come on, we're doing something fun today,"

I roll my eyes again and follow behind him, stepping over the wet spots on the concrete which are basically everywhere. Darn you Laura and your malfunctioning traps.

I watch Liam lift a bike from out of his car. Wait, his car? It was different from the other one I saw him in. This car was a truck.

"We're riding bikes?" I ask as I watch him lift another out of the trunk and lean it against the car. I cant help but stare at the large muscles on his tanned arms.

Stop looking, Jolissa. Look away. You can not stare at his beautiful and muscular body.

"Yes, we are. It is always great to stay active this early, especially with these bad boys," he happily motions to one of the bikes as he rolls one over to me.

I hesitantly grab it just before it is about to fall, probably on my leg.

"I am not sure whether or not to tease you about calling these things 'bad boys' or to complain about how much I don't want to do this," I gripe.

"Why must you always complain, Jo? Lighten up a little. Working out could be fun if you make it."

"I hate you," I remind him because I forgot to say it already.

"Now that you're in the mood," he sarcastically states and swings his leg around the bike, "lets give it a go."

I mutter under my breath as I swing my leg over my bike and sit on the small seat of the bicycle. They really need to make these cushions in the seat bigger because I swear it will end up disappearing in my butt once we are done riding.

Liam starts to ride off in front of me and it doesn't take long until I catch up with him, even though it takes most of my breath to do that.

Darn, if these were my last breaths, I would be wasting them on Liam Payne. Just great.