chapter 15

"Grandma Jane, it's me Jolissa," I knock on door 114.

Liam and I wait for about two minutes and this woman still isn't opening the door.

I huff and a piece of my hair blows away from my face at my breaths.

"You sure she's here?" Liam raises an eyebrow.

"Give it a second," I say.

Like I said - because i'm always right, duh - the door swings open.

"Who's that banging?!" She almost wails before realization huts her old and wrinkly face. "Oh my, well haven't you lost weight Jolissa!" She exclaims.

Have I really?

"Great," I huff and cross my arms. "Nice to see you too grandma. Can we come in?"

"Not until you introduce me to your boyfriend." She winks at Liam and he chuckles.

"He's not my boyfriend!" I exclaim.

"Yeah, well i'm getting there," Liam says and introduces himself. "I'm Liam, ma'am. It's a pleasure to meet you, Jolissa and her family are happy you are in town." He smiles with that stupid and charming grin that make me hate him even more. I didn't even know that could be possible.

"Yeah, yeah, whatever. You know what they did to me? They put me in these damn nursing homes when i'm perfectly fine living on my own. Do I look old to you?" She grunts.

"Don't answer that." She answers her own question before hesitantly opening the door for us to walk in.

Like always, the walls smell of cheap paint and the room is covered in old furniture and designs of faded sunflowers.

"How is your mother?" Grandma asks me, moving to the kitchen and peering in the fridge.

"Pretty much the same."

"So she still is being the same snobby daughter with her nose in everyone's business?" She pours a glass of milk and takes out a small packet of...fig bars?

"That's her," I answer because hey, if I get an opportunity to talk bad about my mom with someone who shares the same opinion, i'm obviously going to take it.

Grandma bites one of those fig bars and seconds later she spits it out, "That's worst than Danny's cooking!"

Danny was my grandfather before he and grandma got a divorce and he moved somewhere in Canada with his new wife and grandkids but thats his loss because he's probably living somewhere in an igloo while we have the nice and warm sun. Now all grandma does is talk smack about his cooking and the way he combed his hair.

After about a minute or so of grandma browsing the kitchen, she moves to her armchair in front of the tv. I hear her mumble a few things about how nursing rooms must be german for "hell" but I couldn't be so sure.

Most likely.

"What's your story, Liam is it?" She asks after a while and I had forgotten my stalker had been here.

"My story, ma'am?" He asks, unsure of her strange and random question.

"Everyone has a story, so what's yours?"

Great way of breaking it down, grandma.

My mother had to get her nosiness from someone. It had to be her.

"Well, i'm from England to start. I'm 20 and I work as a personal trainer, and currently for the past two weeks I have been coaching your granddaughter." He says and I can't be so sure if he's uncomfortable or not but I know I am.