chapter 22

do u prefer real books or fanfics more? tbh i love both but fics interest me the most haha

btw an early update bc i wanted to

ha ur welcome

#coachlings5eva

-

"So you're Lance's daughter, huh? You look just like him! Got the nose 'n everything!" A man exclaims, basically eyeing all the features on my face.

He's lying, I know this. I look nothing like either of my parents.

"I'm pretty sure it's safe to say i'm adopted," I mumble and the man lets out an old and wrinkly laugh.

Who knew dad had so many ancient friends?

"You're funny too, but Lance ain't at all that much. How old're you?"

I see Liam at the corner of my eye and pretend like i've been looking for him, "Oh, there goes my cousin! Gotta run!"

Without giving it a second thought, I make my way over to Liam and push him in the direction of the staircase. I've been avoiding him this whole time but heck, if he can get me away from all these blabbering old people asking me questions every time I turn around, i'll take being with him.

Did I really just say that? Okay, yes...yes I did.

"Where are you guys going? Dinner just started!" A different man with dark brown hair and grey streaks calls, pulling my arm.

I look to Liam and he shrugs as I let the man take me to the dinner table, Liam following because he has no other choice since my hand is wrapped tightly around his wrist.

He will not leave me alone with these crazy people!

Once I sit at the large table we don't even need, I see food covering the most of it.

Yeah that's right dad, I bought all this crap just for you and did I even get a simple thank you? No, I didn't.

People scatter everywhere in the room, most of them leaning over a bar we have that divides the kitchen from the dining area. A few of them even hold some of dad's occasional beers that he keeps in the back of the fridge. I wonder if they even asked to take them.

But hey, if dad thought this would get him a promotion, that's his own fault that his beer is nearly gone.

Someone clears their throat to get my attention so I look up, regretting it.

"Why are you two even here?" I glare at Laura and Daisy who are sitting directly across from me.

From what I remember, I specifically said that I didn't want them to come at all! Or maybe I just thought it, but I told my mother that it was alright if they didn't come!

"For your information," Daisy starts and I peer at her. "Your mother told our mothers about it. They made us come, it's not like I would come because I wanted to. I obviously want nothing to do with you anymore."

"What makes you think I want anything to do with you?" I pinch my eyebrows together in frustration and look to my other former friend.

"You too, Laura! How could you blindly follow around Daisy and just up and leave me like that?! Oh right, because that's exactly what lifelong friends do! I'm sorry, I completely forgot!" I'm just mad they even showed up.

If they hate me so much, they should have just ditched!

I feel Liam's hand squeeze mine assuringly before he stands up and leaves the table.