chapter 30

Follow the official Coached account on IG: (CoachedLiamfic)

comment the last song you listened to and add "in liam's pants"

-

"Well this is quite the view," Liam laughs from below me.

We were climbing rocks now, on the side of a large rocky hill. Apparently this was the surprise that Clarice had thought up for the four of us. After Liam and I kissed in front of Laura and Dylan, they had ignored me blatantly like I was just some speck- kind of like they did before. Afterwards, Liam caught about three small fish while Dylan caught one big one. Even though it was obvious Liam wished he caught a bigger fish, he claimed he was better anyways since he caught three times as many as Dylan. Honestly, I didn't care- as long as we get to eat.

"Stop looking at my butt or else i'll release a gust of unwanted wind in your direction," I call to him.

Instead of being grossed out like most people, Liam laughs loudly. I knew he would, though. He always does. It's much unlike anyone else; my mother, for instance, would have told me to act more 'ladylike.'

As if ladylike and Jolissa could even belonged in the same sentence, I think to myself as I reach for the next open ledge to grip on. I swear to jesus' feet that if I fall, i'm blaming it on Laura and her family- even though we have harnesses to keep us dangling.

"You having trouble there?" Laura asks me, passing me up to my right. I had forgotten she was even climbing with us for a second.

"She's doing great in my opinion!" Liam calls out, reaching up to grab the rock next to my knee.

When I turn my head to thank him- and while thinking that my hand had done a great job grabbing the right rock- my foot slips. Milliseconds later, i'm nearly screaming my head off while my harness clings against my torso. My body flops downwards, leaving the long rope above me to keep me from falling completely to the ground. Liam tries to reach out and grab me, but slips himself so that he's now at the same level as I am, hanging maybe ten feet from the ground.

Since we're hanging together, he thinks it's a good idea to reach out and wrap his arms around me while our feet helplessly dangle below us.

He cheekily smiles as his hands lower to my waist.

"Stop there, or you're losing your hands in your sleep," I warn and he laughs, eyes crinkling. Oh, how I really admire that laugh.

"Isn't this romantic? Just you, the Payne Train, and these harnesses. Not to mention that we're dangling halfway into the starry sky," he says, adding a small and quick squeeze around my waist.

"First of all there aren't even stars out yet, and-"

"Are you kids alright!?" Clarice's voice calls from below. Liam loosens his grip on me but he doesn't entirely let go while we look below at her.

A concerned look is spread across her face, her hand gripping the red headed boy's hand while he stands beside her.

"Yes we're alright, ma'am. Had a bit of a slip but we're quite alright," Liam answers, smiling and adding a quick wave.

"That's good," she smiles up at us. "It's nice to see you being such a great boyfriend, too, catching her and such," she adds.

Why did she have to mention the B word?

"Thank you!" Liam smiles cheekily- that idiot. "I try."

"Oh shut up," I nudge him.

"Be careful, you two. And Laura, sweetie, watch where you step!"