chapter 18

what's your fav 1d song? (it doesn't have to be new)

-

"So you're telling me, that he took you dancing?" Laura widens her eyes.

I groan, "Don't forget about my lemonade!"

If you are wondering, yes Liam had made me workout this morning. He had woken me up with a freaking blowhorn! And as much as I wanted to slap the attractive smug look on his stubbled-face, I chose to just go with it since i'm used to being woken up so abruptly by him.

Not to mention the ice-down-my-back threats.

"Right," Laura remembers and stumbles to the counter to pour me a glass. I know i'm not supposed to be drinking something sweet like this- since Daisy made her lemonade with mountains of sugar -but I chose to do it anyway.

"Can we not talk about him, please?" Daisy grunts, head low in her palm as she slumps over the counter.

"Why not? He's hot," Laura shrugs.

Daisy squints her eyes and looks at me, "This is all your fault! You were supposed to make him quit!"

"I'm sorry, I couldn't! He's impossible!"

"It's not like you like him or anything, right?" Daisy narrows her green eyes at me.

I was about to protest until the three of us watch the front door open slowly. In pops the head of my stalker, a small smile on his face. "Can I come in? I mean, it's quite hot outside and-"

"Yes, come in, Liam," Laura quickly says, smiling and handing me lemonade.

I hear Daisy grumble, "It's my house."

Can I slap her?

Wait, why in the fadoodle am I defending Liam?

"Do you want some lemonade, Liam?" Laura smiles, this time flirtatiously at him.

Oh how she never fails to continue trying.

Liam catches on and chuckles, "No, it's fine. Thank you, though."

Daisy mumbles under her breath, slumping further into her stool.

Right when I am about to place the glass to my lips, a hand reaches out and takes it from me.

"Hey!" I reach out to Liam, trying to get my sweet beverage back. I have been working so hard and I deserve it! Okay, I may or may not have been slacking a little but I don't think he's noticed, so it's okay.

Liam gives me a stern look, "No sweets. It only makes it harder for me."

"How is it harder for-"

"I'm still trying for that date," he smiles.

"Date?" Laura pipes. "You never told me you guys were a couple!"

"We're not," I say at the same time Liam says, "We are."

"I'm confused," she says, furrowing her eyebrows.

"Hello!" Daisy finally stands from her stool, waving her hands in front of her angrily. "Did you forget that i'm right here!"

"Oh, yeah," mumbles Laura, "you'll be okay, Daisy. It wasn't your fault that your dad cheated on your mom, okay? Those things happen-"

"That's not even the point anymore!" she throws her hands up and narrows her eyes at me. "The point is that one of my best friends is ignoring me completely just because her mother paid for her to have a boy-toy as a Coach!"