chapter 17: part one

comment your age? :)

-

My eyes open and adjust to the morning light as I sit up on my bed.

"Wow, I didn't even have to wake you up with a bucket of ice water this time."

My body flinches at the sight of Liam smirking and sitting at the edge of my bed, holding something in his hands but i'm too tired to give it a second glance.

Do I have to work out today?

I groan and fall back in my bed, because I'm so used to this imbecile always in my room without my permission. One day I could be naked and he would just barge right in. Then I would have to pay the medical bill for his eyesight being completely gone!

"Just five more minutes," I pull the covers up.

"What was that? You want ice down your back?"

"Oh my god, fine!" I sit up and he laughs while I hesitantly get out of bed because I know he will actually pour freaking ice down my back.

"Are you hungry? I know you always eat after my exercises since it's so early, but I got you some yogurt and a banana today," he says and I wipe the sleep from my face.

"What kind of yogurt?" I squint my eyes as he reads the label.

"Activia."

"Is this some kind of catch? Did you put some pill in there that will make me be your slave and i'll have to do everything you want for the rest of my life because if so, no thanks."

He laughs, "I should have thought of that a long time ago, but no. Just take it, you'll be hungry after we go to the class."

I take the yogurt and banana, "What is this class you speak of?"

"Shh, just eat and hurry up and get dressed. We've got somewhere to go," he grins and hands me a plastic spoon before walking out my bed room door.

Class?

If he is taking me to school, I would rather die in a hole underneath the leaning tower of pizza because who the heck wants to go to school in the summer?!

I swear, if this is a trick, I will get him back so good.

But for now, I take the chance and scarf down my yogurt and banana while I have it.

-

"You're taking me to dancing classes?!" I nearly choke as I read the sign on the large building.

Is he serious?! I thought he was my Coach, not my freaking dancing teacher!

"Yes, Jo. Dancing is a great and a fun way to move your muscles. Haven't you ever wondered why all those dancers have such great bodies? It's because they dance so much," he informs me like a teacher in class.

"I can't dance, though! Please, take me anywhere but here, i'm begging you!" I put my hands together and beg him, putting on a puppy dog face which probably looked horrid.

"Cute, but I don't fall for those faces anymore. Get out the car or i'll carry you," he smirks at the last part and when I don't budge he adds, "Over my shoulder, or bridal style. That would make a great entrance."

"I hate you," I grumble, opening my car door and I hear him laugh hard on the other side of the car.

Once we enter the building, people are already here and dressed for dance class. One lady is wearing leg warmers and I can't help but stifle a laugh because who in their right mind even wear those hideous things anymore?!

"Hello Liam! How nice of you to visit!" a dark woman, who seems like she's the instructor since shes at the front of the class, says. A man around her age accompanies her right beside her, crossing his arms. A wall-sized mirror is in front of them and the lady waves in it towards us, smiling.

"Hello, Mrs. Hale! I've brought one of my students, is it quite alright if we join you?"

"Of course it is! We were just about to begin our hip hop lesson for the day."

Hip hop lesson?! This is almost worse than the titanic when Jack was trapped and handcuffed alone at the bottom of the boat. In this case I am trapped here with Liam an a whole bunch of old ladies learning how to do hip hop!

"Liam, I would like to inform you that I look dreadful while dancing so if we could please just leave, that would be awesome," I whisper to him and he pulls me by my hand in the back of the class.

"I'm absolutely dreadful at it too, but it doesn't mean we can't try. Besides, wouldn't it be nice if we could both learn to dance together?"

"No." I whisper and he laughs quietly, "I knew you would say that."

Music suddenly plays throughout the room, a song that I can recognize as Jay-Z's voice, and the lady instructor sets her water bottle down, putting her hands on her hips.

"Okay class, we're going to start off with a few stretches, so take your arms and reach them as high above your head as you can. This will stretch out the muscles in your abdomen, as well as the muscles in your arms," she speaks over the music, stretching her arms over her head and the class does exactly what was told.

"My arms hurt," I say.

"Shh," Liam hushes me.

After our so called pre-stretches and the song is now one of Keri Hilson's, the lady instructor puts her hands on her hips, "Good job, everyone! Now we will start off on small hip rolling. In order to roll your hips, you need to use your knees. Bend them only slightly,"

"Why do we have to even bend our knees at all?" I roll my eyes, speaking rhetorically to myself.

"Hush and do it, before I make you bend your knees for something else.." Liam whispers to me.

When does this imbecile ever stop with all the gross jokes?! I am going to puke if I hear anymore and it will not be a pretty sight since I had that blueberry yogurt this morning!

"Do you ever stop?" I groan quietly, and follow the instructors instructions.

"Not quite," he grins and I watch him attempt to move his hips. Hey, he's not half bad, but it still looks funny when he does it.

Now that I have been talking and thinking so much to myself, i'm pretty sure that I missed most of the dance moves instructed because everyone around me is doing something different.

Crap.

"This is where your partner will come in handy," says the lady, grabbing the guy next to her by his arm and everyone grabs their guy partners too. I was wondering why there were so many guys here too.

Wait, so does this mean...that Liam and I are partners?!

"You didn't tell me that we were dance partners?!" I scold Liam who brings me closer by his hands, cheekily smiling.

"You never asked."

-

tsk tsk cheeky Liam

where are you guys from? im from texas!

35 comments and 35 votes for the next update??? love you!