chapter 23: part one

skirts, shorts or jeans???

i like to wear skirts lol

-

I looked at myself in the mirror, the yellow dress stoping inches above my knees.

Honestly, I didn't look that bad. All I needed was high self esteem, and pounds of makeup to make me look somewhat presentable.

Sighing loudly, I roll my eyes and take out my makeup bag. I'm surprised this thing isn't dusty because i'm sure I haven't even bothered using it in centuries. Plus, My mother was the one who bought me all this crap, knowing that some day she would dab her eyes and cry while watching me apply all this stupid makeup on my face.

After I run the mascara over my eyelashes twice before accidentally getting some on my nose, my phone starts to vibrate.

I look down at the text message across the screen weirdly.

"Don't try and get out of wearing the dress for me, i'm sure you look amazing. And one more thing,

I hope you like balloons ;) - Love (not hate), the Payne Train <3" it reads.

"Darn," I mutter to myself and finish awkwardly patting my eyelids with light eyeshadow.

What do balloons have to do with anything?

-

"I'm outsideeeeeee ;)" Liam texts me right when I curl the last piece of my hair.

I unplug the curling iron and set it on the counter before replying.

"Stop putting winking faces. You're creeping me out"

Within seconds later he replies back.

";) ;) ;) ;) ;)"

I roll my eyes laughing and slip on some random black flats before walking out the door, past my mother who thankfully wasn't paying attention to me.

Liam is leaning on his car when he sees me, a big grin on his face. When I get closer to him, though, I notice that the stubble on his face is gone, and his skin is super clear and looks soft.

"Hi," he smiles widely and opens the car door for me.

I roll my eyes smiling, "Wow, one date makes you such a gentleman."

He laughs and shuts my door before walking to the other side. Once he gets in, I take a look at his outfit. It's actually kind of casual, at least for him. He's wearing a maroon flannel over a plain white t-shirt, and slim light colored jeans with tan boots on his big feet. Why am I the one in something too dressy?

"I told you," he speaks, startling me.

No, I was not staring.

"Told me what, exactly?" I say, playing with the hem of my dress.

Liam looks over at me, halfway grinning, "That you would look amazing, of course."

I hide a smile, "You don't look too bad yourself."

He chuckles, "Thanks. You should know that I shaved, just for you," he runs his hand over his chin.

"What a grand gesture," I sarcastically say. "You should know that I actually attempted makeup for you. You're welcome."

He looks over at me for a brief second before continuing to drive, "I knew something was a bit different about you, aside from the dress."

"A good different?" I wonder, "because if it's a bad different, don't blame me. I haven't worn this crap since the eighteenth century and-"