chapter 39

do u guys like reading smut?? Just wondering...in case

-

"Jolissa, someone is here to see you!" My mother calls to me from downstairs.

Why couldn't she just come upstairs to get me instead of yelling through the house? She's lucky my music isn't plugged into my ears, either, or else I wouldn't have heard her yapping.

Grunting, I swing my legs off the bed and set them on the floor to stand up. Yes, if you are asking, i've basically been in bed for the past two days- for one reason, i'm on my monthly cycle and I get pissed at people quickly so I would much rather lock myself in my room all day to prevent getting myself into trouble. And two, staying in bed on the weekend is my talent. I'm talented, I know.

I trudge downstairs, and nearly groan out loud at who was here.

"Hey," Laura gives me a half smile. It isn't fake like I would guessed it to be, but i'm not smiling back any time soon.

"I'll leave you two alone, now," my mother announces before swiftly walking upstairs to dad who was probably sleeping.

I sigh, awkwardly. "Hello."

"Look, i'm so so so sorry for everything i've ever done to you. Back at the campsite, I was acting like a real snot and I can't believe I tried flirting with Liam like what the heck was I thinking, right? I understand if you hate me for that, and I understand if you will probably never want to speak with me again. And right now, i'll admit that Dylan and I put the dead possum in your tent but I promise that I regret doing that because even if we were mad at each other, I crossed the line," Laura blurts out all at once.

I try to open my mouth to speak, but she cuts me off.

"No, let me finish! What i'm trying to say is that i'm sorry for all those years Daisy and I ignored you, or excluded you, and that if I could I would take that back because you've been a great friend really. In all honesty, I miss having you as an overall friend in my life. Daisy has changed so much now that her parents divorced, and I don't know what to do because now i'm starting to realize that you were right, and that I actually was following her and taking her side twenty-for-seven-"

"Laura!" I speak over her babbling, and she immediately silences. To be honest, I really thought that I was beyond angry at her but now that she is truly apologizing for everything, I feel like I can forgive her.

"Yes?" She asks before blurting, "Sorry again, for my rambling and for treating-"

"God, stop talking please!" I laugh, shutting her up yet, again. "I forgive you."

"You do?"

"I mean yeah, you and Daisy mistreated me but I guess I also have mistreated you two, too. And i'm sorry, I shouldn't have put any boy in front of my friends," I say.

"Correction," Laura pipes, giggling. "Not just any boy, your coach."

"Right," I roll my eyes, slightly laughing. He's actually- technically- not even my coach anymore. "And to add to my apology, I admit that I was the one who put poison ivy in your sleeping bags."

Wow, I never thought I would feel this bad.

"I knew it!" She yelps. "But I deserved it."

"So did you put the ants in my sleeping bag too?" I ask, motioning for her to fully come inside- not that I need company right now. But to be honest, I feel lonely now that I basically have no friends except for Liam.

"Ants?" Laura cluelessly asks, before frantically shaking her head. "No, I promise that wasn't me."

"Then, oh well," I shrug. I got to sleep with Liam anyway and now that I think about it, I shouldn't have been complaining as much.