Chapter 37: What To Expect / Jesse's POV**

I'm sorry this is late! We had wifi problems in the area plus college started again, but I hope this chapter makes you forget that! :D

Enjoy! Pic of Jesse on the side!

***********

Alan's POV:

Blaine passed me the water bottle she brought up with my medicine. I thanked her and drank some. I went to lay down and she sat down next to me.

"I wonder what it is about you that makes all the girls like you." Blaine said playing with my fingers.

"I think it's my singing. Or my dancing." I said jokingly, "Definitely one of the two." We both knew I have no talents in them whatsoever. Blaine laughed.

"Right." She agreed. "Or maybe it's because you're just so cute."

"Definitely that." I said, laughing, wrapping an arm around her. "But you know who's cuter?"

"Who?" She asked.

"You are." I said playing with her fingers as well.

The door to my room was suddenly opened.

"Seriously mom?" I said incredulously. Blaine created space between us, and that sucked. We usually have time to ourselves. But now my mom was part of that equation.

That's when I started counting the days until school came back.

For the next few days, I took my medicine, heard about everyone's day, read books, played online chess, and so forth. I even set up an appointment at the eye doctor. I needed new glasses whether I wanted some or not. That way I can tap those away and not look like an idiot. Plus it could help me move on. I looked up at the ceiling at that thought. I love you Dad. Always will.

~~~

When I finally got to go back to school, I felt so peaceful. I went through the open school doors with Blaine beside me. I was wearing the jocks' uniform that Jesse and Kev gave me those few days back. I know there were bad memories in this place, but there were good ones too. I waved and greeted a couple of people before I made to my locker with Blaine. I had some of the popular crowd and random people visit me, which was really nice of them. I smiled and looked down at my hand intertwined with Blaines'. I gave it a kiss before I let it go and opened my locker. I was laughing at something she said, but something caught my attention.

Some girl fell onto the ground, and people were laughing at her. I couldn't help feel a wave of empathy, so I ignored the people and went to help her.

"Hey are you okay?" I said, grabbing her books and helping her up.

"Be careful next time," someone snickered. I gave that person a glare, and looked at the girl who just fell. I wouldn't put it past some people to trip her on purpose. Some people were real jerks. When her hair moved out of her face, I saw Lily's face, and I stepped back in surprise.

"Um..your books." I said giving them to her and moving some spaces back.

"Thanks." She said quietly.

"Be careful man, she wrecks relationships like nothing." A guy said to me. My fists clenched. What was happening here? Lily gave me a sorrowful glance before my focus was on the guy. Blaine came beside me, trying to calm me down.

"What'd you say?" I asked him. His eyes went wide when he saw who I was and saw my new uniform.

"I-I just thought.." He started. Lily was getting bullied? I couldn't believe it! I glared at him before he put his hands up in surrender and hurried off.