Chapter 22: Talking After Dinner

We walked back to Blaine's house together. Blaine was leaning on me while we were walking and we were holding hands. Jasper didn't mind this as much as I thought he would. I guess he trusted me. He almost looked like he was pleased.

"It's so beautiful tonight." Blaine said on our way home. Jasper pretended to gag.

"Not as much as you," I whispered. She blushed.

"I'm sorry I listened to Shelly," she said in a quiet voice.

"It's okay, as long as you know now that she's crazy, that's all I can ask for." She rolled her eyes at me and smiled.

"And I'm sorry how I snapped at you because of it, I guess I was hurt you didn't tell me about your pretend girlfriend, well and I was feeling a little jealous." She admitted, going quiet at the end.

"You think I didn't get jealous when all those jocks wanted to ask you out?" I said amused.

"I don't know. I wanted you to ask me out though." She said snuggling closer to me.

"Maybe I will ask you out," I said smiling at her and wrapping my arm around her.

"I get it, you two are lovey dovey now but I want to keep my appetite." Jasper said rolling his eyes at us. Blaine and I chuckled and walked on silently for his sake.

~~

"Can you pass the salt?" Blaine asked me.

"Sure." I quickly got it for her. "Here comes Blaine and her excessive salt." I said. Jasper started to laugh.

"And here I thought things would be that different between you two." Jasper said amused.

"What do you mean?" Blaine and I both said.

"Aren't they so cute dear?" Blaine's mother told her husband. We weren't doing anything. Our seats were next to each other at the dining table, but that was normal. Both of Blaine's parents looked at us with a knowing smile. Did that mean they knew about Blaine and me? I mean we did walk in holding hands and her close to me..

While we were finishing up, Blaine's father asked if we could talk after dinner, I swallowed my nerves and nodded.

"Sure," I said wondering how that was going to turn out.

"I'll join too." Jasper said and I could feel Blaine tensing up beside me. I grabbed her hand under the table and smiled at her. It seemed to relax her. It probably seemed like I was calm on the outside, but I sure felt like freaking out of the inside. What if they didn't really approve? What if they thought since I changed my image, I'm a different person?

"There will be no talking until after dessert." Blaine's mother said sternly. No one dared to disagree with her.

"What's for dessert?" Jasper asked curiously.

"Blueberry pie." She said sweetly to her son.

"Finally, the reason why I came home." Jasper joked. We all laughed because we weren't sure if he was joking. His mom's pies were the best. "I call first slice." Blaine rolled her eyes at him.

His mom was passing plates around with a slice of pie on each, so I reached out for one forgetting that I was taking Blaine's hand with me. Her family saw our joined hands and we quickly let them go feeling embarrassed. I grabbed a plate for Blaine and sat down looking at the silverware. Great now I have something else to talk about after dinner with her dad and brother. His mom put a plate of pie in front of me and I smiled up at her.

"Thanks Mrs. Evans. Err..I mean Beth." I said with a sheepish smile. She always corrects me when I call her Mrs. Evans, she says I should call her by first name but it gets awkward. She rolled her eyes at me but smiled regardless like usual. She was used to me by now.

We ate our pie, Jasper was telling us about this girl he's trying to make fall for him. He said he wasn't going to say names, but he was wondering if the girls of the family have any ideas.

"Why don't you try baking her this pie?" Blaine suggested. Jasper knew how to cook, so that could work.

"Only if the best mom in the whole wide world gives me the recipe?" He said giving his mom the puppy dog look. "Did I mention I really like the girl?" His mom once again rolled her eyes and stepped out of the room and came back with a piece of paper folded up. Jasper quickly got up and gave his mom a kiss on her cheek.

"Okay, okay you can have it. But remember it's a family recipe." She said and gave it to him.

"You're so awesome mom! Thanks," he hugged her. He looked really happy. He must either really like this girl or just love this pie.. I took another bite of the delicious pie. He looked at Blaine now and continued, "Great idea Blaine, I knew there had to be a reason Alan likes you so much." I choked and started coughing. Blaine offered me some water, but I waved it away. I was okay now, embarrassed though? Yes!

~~

Jasper and his father took me to the living room while Blaine and her mom went upstairs. I was sitting on one of the couches with Jasper's dad sitting near me and Jasper leaning on the wall in front of us. It was quiet at first. Then Jasper started to laugh. His dad joined him. I just sat there confused. After they stopped, they gave each other a look and Jasper nodded at his dad.

Blaine's dad was a doctor, so I knew he could turn serious at anytime. He was the one who treated me the first time I had that allergic reaction, so it was clear whatever he says is important to me.

"How are you Alan?" Her dad started. Well I'm scared of what you're about to tell me..

"I'm fine, and you?" I say politely.

"Oh I'm great." He said and I nodded. Cue serious mood. "Listen Alan, you know you will always be family to us, but Blaine is my daughter. And if I hear that you are mistreating her or hurting her in any way, shape, or form, I will have no choice but to interfere, do you understand?" He said with a clear voice.

"And I may be at college now, but that doesn't mean I won't hop on a plane again and find you." Jasper added with his arms crossed.

"You could date my daughter, but I want her door to always be open when you're inside, I want you to pick her up before any dates and drop her off safely as well." Her dad said firmly. He's giving me permission to date Blaine, and here I thought he was going to throw me out!

"I may tease my sister, but I love her and if you say you love her too, then we should have no problem." Jasper finished. I took this as my cue to talk.

"I will always respect Blaine, you guys don't have to worry about that. I really do love her." I said sincerely. They both nodded at me. Her dad stuck out his hand for me to shake. I quickly shook his hand hoping mine wasn't sweaty. Jasper hit my back.

"About time you told her you loved her," Mr. Evans said.

"Well it was sort of an accident, she overheard the two of us talking." Jasper said sheepishly. His dad laughed.

"Well thank goodness for that," his dad said.

"But-wait that's it? If you guys are happy she knows, what's up with the whole serious talk?" I questioned.

"Alan, we've known you for years, do you really think we don't trust you?" Jasper said, and I opened my mouth, but he continued, "Do we have a reason not to trust you?" I quickly shut my mouth. They both started to chuckle, and I rolled my eyes knowing that they were both just messing with me. Although I don't doubt I would have to face the two if something goes wrong with Blaine.

Well here's hoping things go right with her. There's just someone I have to deal with first.