Chapter 35: Can We Rewind?

"I love the 'Star Wars' part," Kevin said with an amused smile. I rolled my eyes.

"I'm sure you do." I said before drinking from my cup to soothe my dry throat. I looked around and noticed Jesse was being quiet. "What, no jokes?" He just shrugged. He was a lot quieter these days. I just drank some more, not knowing what to say.

"I didn't know you write songs," Blaine said looking at me curiously. I shook my head at her.

"I don't. That was all Sidney's doing." I said flipping the pages of the journal. "Hey, there's more stuff in here." I looked up to Sidney.

"Just notes." She said shrugging. "You could definitely keep those." I chuckled, not saying anything else. She looked at her phone and frowned. "I'm gonna have to get going."

We all frowned and stood around. Blaine started.

"I know I didn't know you that long, but I'm glad I still had the chance to meet you. I hope you enjoy your new school." Blaine told Sidney, giving her a hug.

"Thanks and I'm glad I met you too." Sidney said. Well this sucks. When they let go, the guys and I looked at each other. Trying to see if there were any tears on site. I went to hug Sidney next.

"I'm sorry we lost contact, but I'm going to miss you." I said; she said the same. "Thanks for the book too." Jesse and Kevin both got to hug her next, and soon she was walking out the door. I walked her to her car.

"Don't change Alan." She told me. I smiled at her, not knowing what to say. "And feel better." She said turning on her car. Her radio started to blast some rock music. So, I held up the book she got me and smiled sadly at her. I went back inside and hung out with my friends for a while before they had to go back to school for cheerleading/football practice.

My mom came back home with the medicine, so I took some and filled up my cup with more iced tea and went back to my room.                                       

Upset that I was missing school, I thought I'd do something productive like read. I really like science fiction, so I started to read The Hunger Games. I got halfway through the first book before my mom called that I got visitors. I immediately memorized the page number of the book and threw it to the others. I opened my laptop and put my headphones on acting like I was watching a movie. I heard a knock on my open door and looked up, smiling.

"Oh hi." I said taking out of an earphone and closing the laptop. "What's up?" Blaine was there with a cup and plate in her hand. She came to me with a smile.

"Not much. I brought you some cookies. Courtesy of your mom."  

"Awesome, thanks Blaine." I said smiling grateful as I grabbed them from her. I looked behind her. "Is Jess and Kevin here?" She shook her head 'no' looking amused.

"They said they would drop by after practice. Coach is working them extra hard since they have a game coming up." She explained. I sighed in relief and pointed at the pile of books.

"Could you please bring me back the Hunger Games?" I ask with a sheepish smile. She shook her head at me with an amused smile.

"You have to eat first." She ordered. I tried not to pout. "Plus Charlie is coming by too; she just went home real quick to put her backpack away and tell her mom." Blaine said grabbing the book and keeping it in her hand. It gave me more than enough reason to hold her hand. She sat on the chair near my bed and put her backpack down. I drank some iced tea before I replied.

"I don't mind if Charlie sees me reading, unless she's been getting close to Kevin these days?" I asked Blaine. She shrugged.

"It's been a little quiet around school actually." She told me quietly.