Chapter 34: Talking Is Usually A Good Thing

Mrs. Evans came and made a big fuss about me with my mom. And I felt so lazy. It sounds nice to just lay down and not do anything, but then think of how irritating it can get for getting yelled at every time you get up.

"Mom, I'm just going to take a shower!" I said while grabbing extra clothes. I shut the bathroom door afterwards. Moms these days. I looked in the mirror and saw my hair color was back to normal.

"Honey." I heard my mom shout through the closed door. I sighed in exasperation.

"What?" I said trying to remain calm.

"Your prescriptions are ready. I'm going to go pick them up; will you be okay by yourself?" I quickly unlocked the door and smiled at my mom.

"Sure! Plus school's almost out. My friends will be here any second." I said, knowing that there was still 1-2 hours left of school.

"Do you want Mrs. Evans to stay?" She asked before I shook my head.

"My friend's about to come anyway." I told her. She still looked a little hesitant. "I promise to call you if I need anything." I was feeling sore, but that was normal after what happened. I left the bathroom and gave her a kiss on the cheek. She ended up agreeing. And I went back to the bathroom to shower.

Afterwards, I changed into a white t-shirt and plaid pajama pants since I'll be stuck in bed anyway.  

I was home alone now. (Thankfully.) So, I went into the kitchen and poured myself a cup of my mom's homemade iced tea. Sweet!

I leaned on the counter and answered texts that I received. A few minutes later, I heard a knock at the door. Thinking it was Sidney saying goodbye before she moved to live with her mom, I answered it with a smile.

"Hey!" I started before my face turned into a frown. "Lily? What are you doing here?" I asked almost on instinct. She stood before me with her arms crossed defensively and her head down.

"Is it true what they said?" She asked me in a quiet voice. "What I did?" I looked at her and wondered what she was doing here. School wasn't even out yet.

"It is." I said, before crossing my arms. I knew she was one of my closest friends, but she really messed up. I didn't want to let her in my house, mostly because if my mom came and saw her, things would not be pretty. She didn't say anything for a while and it made me think of how she wasn't always like this.

So what if your long-time friend kissed you in front of your girlfriend, broke your glasses that your dad gave to you, gave you an allergic reaction, and sent you straight to the hospital, right? One of those things were bad enough, but she let them all happen. Being drunk doesn't excuse things like that. I saw my fists were clenching, and I couldn't help but feel angry. This was the girl who caused my friends and family so much pain.

I had the urge to tell her to leave.

"Are you going to say anything?" I asked not being able to leave the harshness out. She looked up to me, and I saw tears were running down her face. I felt my fists loosen but I kept them tight. "Well?" She wrapped her arms around herself.

"I-I'm so sorry Alan." She said wiping her face with her hand.

"Why'd you do it?" I asked her, she looked away uncomfortably. "Just tell me Lily, the truth."

"I-I was drunk; I was stupid." I scoffed.

"If you're not gonna tell me, just leave." I said not wanting to see her anymore.

"Alan, I-" She said, coming closer to me. I flinched, not even meaning to. She stopped, giving me a broken look. "Oh my God, y-you're scared to be near me." I shook my head at her.