What I Want Pt. 3

Bill smiled to himself as he placed his phone down; returning his attention to Landon. His best friend quirked an eyebrow, "So, what happened to you at the bar. You went to get a drink and two hours later all I got was a text saying you were going home for the night." Bill hesitated as he brought a cup of coffee to his lips, "I met someone. Her name is, (Y/N)." Landon smirked as he teased him, "Oh yeah? Did she happen to leave the bar the same time as you?"

       Bill rolled his eyes, "Yes, she did. She spent the night too." Landon tilted his head, his attention fully caught, "What!? You hardly ever pull one nights." Bill sighed, standing up straight off of the counter top he had been leaning on, "It wasn't. We've got a date for tomorrow." He smirked at Landon as he walked over to the couch and took a seat, crossing one leg over the other. His friend slowly spun his bar stool around, "You're taking her to Andy's cookout? That's a bold move considering you just met." Bill nearly choked on his coffee, "Oh, shit. I forgot that was tomorrow. I was just so into seeing her again I wasn't thinking" Landon shrugged, "It's not that big of a deal. She'll just be meeting some friends. Anyway, I'm sure it'll be a good time. You'll just have to make sure she's cool with it." Bill bit his lip as he thought about it. It was just a cookout, nothing too fancy or something that would have lots of paparazzi. That was something he didn't want her to be involved in until they had been together for a while.

       He nodded towards Landon, "Toss me my phone will you, bud?" Landon did so before turning the TV on as well as the game station that was set up. Bill sat his now empty mug onto the coffee table just a foot away bringing up his text log with (Y/N).

                                 Bill- "I just remembered that I have a cookout being thrown by a friend tomorrow. Would you be interested in going to that? If not it's fine; we can do what we had planned and stay in."

    He stared at his phone as the message sent, hoping she didn't see it as a way of trying to escape the date. After it sent his heart began to pump a little faster; he grabbed the second controller hoping it would help distract him.

     A knock on the door caused him and Landon to jump a little, "Shit, I forgot I had a package coming in today." Landon shook his head, "Get your mind off of, (Y/N). She'll text when she can. Doesn't she work?" Bill playfully punched him in the arm before getting the door, "Yeah, she wouldn't tell me where though."

      He signed the papers and retook his seat on the couch. Landon looked over at him as he opened it up, "Well, what's in it?" Bill took it out and showed him, "Just a new jacket that Eija bought me. Looks cool, right?" His friend nodded as he picked up his controller again, " Yeah, man! Your sister always has a good taste in clothes. Wish she'd buy some for me." Bill chuckled as he grabbed his controller, "Man, she doesn't buy anything for you because she's still pissed about what you did to her last summer." Landon shook his head as they resumed their racing match, "Still? It wasn't even that big of a deal. It was just a crab." The two laughed heartily as they reminisced about past pranks.

      Two hours later, Bill's apartment held a few more people all sitting around playing games and drinking a few beers. He was laughing at a joke when he heard his phone go off...twice. He looked down at the screen; it was from her. Quickly he excused himself to the bedroom before opening it; not wanting anyone to see his disappointment if she changed her mind.

           (Y/N): "No, that's cool. You already told them you'd be there."

            (Y/N): "Cookout's are fun; do I need to wear anything in particular or is it just casual? How many people are we talking; cuz I need to prepare myself if it's a huge group."