The Trivial Thoughts of Insignificant Company- Otto, Chubby reader

You exhaled with a roll of your eyes; pulling in your stomach and standing straight as possible so that your maid could tighten your corset into its correct position. Your mother stood in the doorway holding up the new gown she had purchased for this evening's party, "Only loose enough to breath, Matilda. She must have some shape; there are several suitors at this party." Matilda nodded politely as she again readjusted the strings, "Yes, Ma'm." You could barely breathe by the time they actually put the dress on you. Turning towards your mom you spoke softly but with an annoyed tone, "We just moved into town, mother. Why am I already being flaunted about? We know nothing about anyone here." She tsked her tongue at you as she approached; fixing a strand of hair that escaped its proper place upon your head. She then cupped your cheek, "Because sweetie, these young men are of a higher social standing. Unfortunately, your intelligence and kindness isn't what they'll see first. A lady of your size must try her hardest to look her best at all times." She placed a gentle kiss upon your forehead before smiling and briskly walked out of the room, "Now, come, your father and sisters are waiting downstairs." Sighing, and with a slightly sadder smile than that of your mothers, you made your way to join them.

          The carriage ride was full of chatter between your sisters and mother about the suitors; they had always been more interested in boys than you. Not that you weren't...it was just you had realized by the third dance after your coming out party that boys weren't that interested in you. Not only because of your size but because you could actually hold your own in a real conversation. You once had a suitor at the age of 16 but had "scared" him away by objecting to his opinions on the growing of industrial use within the country was the proper way to go. You felt your shoulders drop a bit as the estate came into view, several people were already making their way inside. You looked over at your father as your sisters and mother got out. He smiled at you; his eyes almost disappearing from the wrinkles that surrounded them and his mustache curling up around his nose, "It'll be alright my little Snapdragon; just smile. No one can resist that smile of yours." He patted your knee as he got out and offered you his hand to help you down. The five of you made your way inside; the women being led to a different room to hang their capes and shawls.

         Your sisters, Alice and Emmaline quickly made their way back out to be chauffeured into the main room but you hung your cape up slowly, taking a good long look in the mirror as you always did. You never understood why your size made it so hard for anyone to want to call on you. Biting your lip you adjusted the frills on your bodice and then walked back out into the hallway to look for your father. You found him standing quite close to the doorway...most likely waiting for you. That's when you saw him. The tallest, most handsome man you had ever laid eyes upon; and he was wearing a uniform. Your heart raced even faster as he made eye contact with  you after readjusting his frock coat. You smiled trying to act as normal as possible.

      He seemed caught off guard from the moment but slowly he nodded towards you, a small smile graced his lips before he walked into the room going right passed your father

      He seemed caught off guard from the moment but slowly he nodded towards you, a small smile graced his lips before he walked into the room going right passed your father. Taking in a deep breath you regained composure and tapped your father on his elbow, "Ah, there you are. Come on, it's your turn to meet the heads of the house." He offered you his elbow and escorted you around the dance floor to a smiling older couple; the man from the hallway standing with them. Instantly you could feel a slight tinge appearing on your cheeks.