Maybe It's The Crazy, That I'd Miss- Roman

So this is my first song inspired fiction, but I hope you like it! The song is, Turn, by The Wombats.

       "Fuck you, Roman! It's a choice to flirt with others. Why do you do this to me?" You yell as you throw a shoe at him. He ducks causing it the shatter a vase behind him by the front door.  He glares at you as he storms up the stairs, "Maybe if you wouldn't walk off and flirt with guys; I wouldn't have to go to other women for attention!"  You slap him across his cheek, pointing a finger at him as you pull your earrings out with the other, "Oh, yeah I go flirt with old high school guys while I'm in a relationship. That makes total since." Rolling your eyes, you  turn around but he grabs your arm, pulling you roughly against his chest, "I saw the way he looked at you. I know you used to like him, back in school. Little miss cheerleader couldn't take her eyes of off him."

       You glare back at him, "Let go of me!" He shakes his head, "Why, so you can storm off and sext someone." His grip tightens on your arm, you can already feel the bruise forming, "NO! I don't do that...Roman, you're hurting me. Let go!" You pull your arm from him as he lets go, still breathing heavily. Upset from having witnessed another man kiss you he sighs, "Give me your phone." Raising your eyebrows you clench your purse to you, "So you can go through it? See if I'm cheating on you? Fine, if you find what you're looking for I'll leave tonight. If not, I'm still leaving because obviously you don't trust me." Digging through your purse you pull out the purple glitter encased Iphone and shove it in his open hand, before turning around and storming off into the bedroom; to pack your stuff up.

I jump from thought to thought like a flea jumps to a light

You could give an aspirin the headache of its life

Maybe it's the crazy that I'd miss
Watering plastic plants in the hope that they'll grow
Seeing a message flash and then smashing up my phone
Maybe it's the crazy that I'd miss
It won't get better than this
I like the way your brain works, I like the way you try
To run with the wolf pack when your legs are tired
I like the way you turn me inside and out
I like the way your brain works

    Roman looks down at the phone as you storm off. His heart pounding at the thought of what he is about to do and that he might actually do it...then you would have to follow through with the threat. He types in your password. The screen background was a photo of the two of you from the beach vacation over the summer. Memories come flashing into him mind. Your first day at Hemlock High...the first time he hit on  you...the first date, and of course your smile; how it radiated in brilliance like the stars. Roman sighs. He knows he's being over dramatic...what happened at the bar was mostly his fault. He had left you alone to go outside and feed on some homeless person. When he came back in, a drunk guy  from back in high school was trying to force himself on you. Mostly he was upset that he had left you alone long enough for it to happen. Then he was upset for having to feed and then he took all of it out on you, accusing you of cheating on him and flirting openly with another woman. His shoulders drop as he leans back against the wall, sliding down into a crouching position.

    Running his hands through his hair he sighs, instead of the messages he clicks on the photos icon. Instantly, your albums pop up. He flicks through them, his smile getting bigger and bigger with each one. His heart starts aching at how he treats you sometimes and then the tears start to fall. Roman looks down the hall, wiping the them away. He sniffs, standing back up as he thinks to himself, 'Why does she stay with me?' Hesitantly he re-locks your phone and heads for the bedroom.

I want to get college girl drunk tonight
No morning fears, no mountains to climb
They say the best memories are the ones that we forget
Like listening to Drake at your best friend's swimming pool
Floating anti-clockwise in a red mushroom
Maybe it's the crazy that I'd miss
It won't get better than this
I like the way your brain works, I like the way you try
To run with the wolf pack when your legs are tired
I like the way you turn me inside and out
I like the way your brain works

    You finish stuffing all the clothes you can fit into your suitcase, tears streaming down your face. Why did you stay with him so long? He always does stuff like this...you punched the suitcase, trying to ease some frustration. Dropping down onto the floor you take your other shoe off. You had bought the damned thing when Shelley was still around. The thought of his sister made your heart heavy. You knew one of the reasons he was so easily angered lately was because of the shit that had happened last year. Shelley being framed for something she didn't do, being shot and running off into woods...still out there all alone. Letha dying, Peter leaving. Being a dad. It was all too much and he wasn't handling it very well; it was obvious. His hunger was becoming more evident too.

    You sighed, putting your head in your hands, "How do I help you..." , you whispered to yourself. His voice fills the room as he stands in the doorway, softly and quietly it reaches your ears, "By staying...because I love you and I can't lose you too." You look up at him, your heart pounding at his words, tears falling again, "I love you too." Quickly Roman crosses the room in just a few strides and sits down in front of you, pulling  you into a hug. His thumb drys the tears as his eyes land on the bruise he had caused, "I'm so, so sorry...I-I didn't mean to hurt you. I shouldn't have reacted the way I did. I know you wouldn't cheat on me. I was an asshole."  His gaze locks on the carpet, too ashamed to look up at you. You smirk at him a bit, trying to fight off the sadness, "Yeah, you were...but I forgive you." He leans his forehead against yours, both of you gazing into each other's eyes. Sighing you kiss him lightly which he returns with vigor. The feeling of his full, soft lips against yours, tying your stomach in knots.

Baby, it's the crazy I like
I think I saw the world turn in your eyes
Baby, it's the crazy I like
And maybe it's the bullshit I'd miss
Screaming at the moon in black lipstick
Maybe it's the bullshit I'd miss
It won't get better than this