Five Minutes More- Roman

This was a request by @xInfamousHarleyQuinn  I hope you enjoy it!

      Its just a normal shift on an average day, you thought sadly to yourself as you gathered up the dishes off of table 7. In fact...it hadn't been a normal day at all. Derrick called in sick, so Margaret was working the kitchen. Laura was in the hospital waiting for her husband to wake up after surgery and your newest, favorite customer had yet to come in. Roman Godfrey...your lips twitched upwards slightly at the thought of his gorgeous eyes sparkling while a rare but genuine laugh.

      Over the past month or so, the two of you had grown quite close during his small visits to the almost forgotten diner.  At first he had remained quiet and reserved, only speaking when you took his order. Then slowly, he began to show interest in you and the others...but mostly you. He always sat in the same booth, the one in the back right corner. The lights back there flickered off an on; he always said that it seemed to reflect how his life was going. Full of struggle but always overcoming the obstacles.

     As the last customer before closing time began to leave, the doorbell chimed. You smiled as you turned around to greet them but jumped when you realized they had moved quickly to stand right behind you. You placed a hand over your chest as your eyes traveled the distance up to their face, "Roman, how are you?" The smile you had prepared to give the unknown customer  turned into a genuinely surprised and happy one. You felt the little flip in the pit of your stomach...you had fallen in love with him. After about a month of this feeling you had already come to terms with this fact, but it still always made you a bit giddy.

    Roman smirked a bit, biting his lower lip slightly, "Sorry, (Y/N), I didn't mean to come in so late. I had a lot of meetings today and no matter how hard I tried to speed them up...well, I'm here now. Although, I can't stay." Your heart dropped at the news, "Well, that's alright. Thanks for stopping by and seeing me." You walked behind the counter to start emptying the till. He leaned against the counter, his hand sliding across over towards you. You looked down at his hand; beneath his long, slender fingers was a white card. His voice was somewhat softer as he spoke, "I know your trying to get into the modeling industry. I got you a job...it's a photo shoot for a car being re-released. I hope you can make it."

     You looked taken aback as you slowly grabbed the card, your fingers brushing his, "Roman...I don't know what to say. Thank you so much!" He smiled, winking as he stood up and started to head out the door, "I'll see you there, then."

~Two days later at the location~

    The nauseous feeling in your stomach just wouldn't go away. This was your big chance to make a break into the industry. You tried to sit still as the woman doing your make-up and hair busied herself with the final touches but your leg kept bouncing. She sighed as she gave you one final look over, "Dressing room is down the way on the left." You gave her a small smile as you stood up and headed in the direction she told you. A small woman in her 40's sat reading a magazine as she waited for you. A small tapping on the door frame, caused her to look up at you, "Oh good, your finally here. Well, come on in and lets get you dressed."

    Hesitantly you made your way over to her. She smiled as you began to get undressed so she could help you put the 1950's "costume" on. As she zipped up the shorts on the side for you she chuckled, "Mr. Godfrey wasn't exaggerating as he described your body type; you're perfect for this shoot...he has a great eye. You're a very lucky girl to have caught his attention." She stood up straight, another chuckled coming out softly as you stared at her in confusion...what had she just said. That Roman liked you? She looked at her watch, gasping as she looked back up at you and started to shoo you out the door, "You better hurry out to the main room, it's almost time to start."

    The room only had a few people in it, but there in the center of the room stood Roman and a very nice looking 1950's Jaguar. You smirked as you walked over to him, visibly he did a double take as you entered his view. A small smile formed on his lips, "Hey, you look great!" He gave you a light hug, not wanting to misplace anything. The director noticed you were ready and called the shoot to a start. He gave you a few directional hints and tips and then moved back with his camera. Within the next 20 minutes you were done, having done several poses laying on the car, leaning against it or standing/kneeling off to the side. All of them involved your hands pointing softly to a new feature of the car that was about to have a new debut.

    Roman smiled as you walked off the stage, "That was awesome, you looked great up there." Feeling the heat from the blush creeping over your cheeks you looked down at  your heel clad feet, "Thanks....I'm gonna go change back into my own clothes." Roman grabbed your hand and held you back, the staff all gone now, "Actually I was hoping you'd keep it...I bought it for you after all." You rose an eyebrow, "You bought it?" His hand went instantly up to run through his hair, "Yeah, I did. I hope you don't mind...but it looked so good on you I couldn't resist." The blush grew deeper, "Thanks..." He nodded, "Also, uhm..." He didn't say anything just walked over to an old record player in the corner, messing around with it. Soon Frank Sinatra's voice filled the room,

Dear, this evening seemed to go so awfully fast
We had so much fun and now you're home at last
I look forward to a kiss or two at the garden gate
But she gave me just a peck and insisted it was late

     Roman walked over to you, laying his jacket on a table as he did so. He gulped as he offered you his hand, "Wanna dance, (Y/N)?" He licked his lips, waiting for your answer. Slowly you slipped your hand onto his, hoping this wasn't a dream.

Give me five minutes more, only five minutes more
Let me stay, let me stay in your arms
Here am I, begging for only five minutes more
Only five minutes more of your charms

     He pulled you close to him as  he began to lead the two of you into a slow dance across the room's floor. He gazed into your eyes and you could see the intense feelings he was trying to convey to you through this simple action. It made your heart quicken....

All week long I dreamed about our Saturday date
Don't you know that Sunday morning you can sleep late?
Give me five minutes more, only five minutes more
Let me stay, let me stay in your arms

    The song started to come to it's end as he sighed and leaned his forehead down to rest on yours, his eyes closing in contentment.

All week long I dreamed about our Saturday date
Don't you know that Sunday morning you can sleep late?
Give me five minutes more, only five minutes more
Let me stay, let me stay in your arms

     He pulled away, gently raising his hand to rest on your cheek, "(Y/N), would you like to be my girlfriend...I've started to have these feelings for you...They're so much more than anything I've felt before. I' think I'm in love with you...and I'd like to see if we are meant to be?" You gulped as a you nodded, "Yes...I feel the same way and I'd love to be your girlfriend." He smirked at you, leaning down and placing a gentle yet hungry kiss on your lips. Which you eagerly returned.