Variance in Routine- Bill

Hey, this was requested by @EddieToizer12959; hope you like it!  :)

  Quickly you dropped the pasta into the boiling water, jumping back from the splashes. From the other room you could hear the door opening and keys falling onto their designated tabletop, "Babe, I'm home." Bill's voice echoed off the walls into the kitchen, which is where you summoned him, "In the kitchen!" Soon the heavy footfalls of your 6'3" boyfriend crept up behind you, his strong arms wrapped around your shoulders, "Smells amazing, what are we having?" You took in a deep breath, recovering from the sudden contact, "Lasagna, want to help?" He smiled, "Of course." He bent his lengthy body down to get the strainer out of the cabinet, placing it in the sink. As he poured the now cooked pasta out into the strainer he spoke hesitantly, "So...I was talking to the rest of the cast today." You tasted the sauce, adding more spices to it, "And?" He didn't answer right away causing you to turn and look up into his eyes, "What's up?" He rubbed the back of his neck as he turned the cold water on to rinse the starch off the noodles, "They want to come over this Saturday. You know, to finally meet you and have a dinner party of sorts."

     You gulped and licked your lips, "But...you know that I like to  use my weekends to relax from the week. It's part of my routine." He bit his lips together as he leaned against the counter top, his brilliant eyes looking deeply into your own, "I know, (Y/n). I'd really like you to meet them though. It's just once, babe. Please?" Taking in a deep breath you reluctantly nodded, "Alright. Just once!" After two years of him being patient and caring for you during the times your Asperger's wasn't in control, you figured just once was the least he deserved.

Three Days Later...

    Shakily you fixed your hair, looking over yourself in the mirror. Ever since you woke up, things had been a little stressful. Picking out the right clothes and making sure the house was in perfect condition had been your main priorities. Thankfully Bill had offered to have it catered, so you didn't have to cook for anyone. You turned to walk out of the bathroom when the doorbell rang. Bill stopped in the bedroom on his way to answer it. He smiled as he took in your appearance, "Beautiful!" He kissed your forehead, rubbing your arms, "Everything will be fine." You mustered up the biggest smile you could give, "Right." The two of you then proceeded to the door and let your guests enter your home.

     After having introduced you to everyone, Bill started making drinks for the ones old enough. The younger people helped themselves to the soda and water that had been set up on the counter. Together the group began asking questions, such as when did you meet Bill? How long had you been dating? What did you do for a living? All, things to which you didn't mind answering. Board games followed and then the younger ones began playing music for everyone to dance to. Some where filming small videos for their public accounts on social networks and others snapped a few photos. All the sudden action going on, started to make you nervous and stressed out. The breaking point was when two of the children reached out to touch your arm, trying to get your attention. Standing abruptly you took off for the bedroom, not making eye contact with anyone.  Shutting the curtains around the bed, you quietly began humming to yourself. Trying to cut out the world around you in order to calm back down.

    Within a few minutes your breathing was normal and the sound bedroom door closing made you jump slightly. Bill's figure came to the edge of the mattress, "(Y/n), can I come in babe?" You smiled slightly. He always asked permission when this happened and you appreciated that, "y-yeah." Slowly he pulled the curtains open and sat down. His form sunk into the bed next to you. You allowed yourself to roll into the indention, laying against his chest. Bill wrapped his arm a around you, pulling you in closer. He placed a small kiss on the crown of your head, "Everything okay?" You took in a deep breath, "It is now...there was just too much going on in a short span of time." He nodded, his chin rubbing into your hair, "I figured that's what it was. I had the kids put their phones away and explained to them what had happened. They send their apologies and hope you'll forgive them."

     You smiled weakly, "Of course. They didn't know." Bill placed his hand on the side of your face, tracing your cheekbone with his thumb, "I love you." He placed a soft kiss on your lips, which you returned, "I love you too." He smiled, "Well, when you are ready; I'm sure the others would like you to rejoin the fun. I know they want to take a photo of everyone together." You gave him a smile as he walked out of the bedroom. You took in a few more breaths before rejoining them and enjoying the evening as best you could.